Forum

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Vlado plays "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" [Final Fantasy X-2 SPOILERS]
VladoPostJanuary 6, 2017, 14:05
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40
Normal topicVlado plays "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" [Final Fantasy X-2 SPOILERS]

This game is making it really hard to continue... But I have to be stubborn and beat it. I went to Kilika first and saw the two factions reunite and celebrate in the temple and all. Then, Dona and Barthello were at it again, they STILL haven't reconciled. How lame. Barthello is waiting in front of her door, hoping she will forgive him. Blah.

Then, I went to Luca, and what do you know? Blitzball is back! Except this time it's a gutted, dumbass version where you just watch as your players play automatically. You can't make real-time decisions with your player during the match like in Final Fantasy X. Oh, you can "train" your players and "change tactics"... Whatever! Gullwings were to replace the Aurochs who were "busy babysitting"... But I won't be investing time into this lame version of Blitzball.

Then, I went to the Youth League base and apparently they decided to hold a fighting tournament. Naturally, Yuna had to participate, and I beat a bunch of people, but then the Elma chick beat me. I tried again and beat her, but then the current leader now that Nooj is gone, another chick named Lucil beat me. Very annoying. I wasted a bunch of Hi-Potions, Phoenix Downs and even 2 Ethers, too... For nothing.

Then, I decided to leave the overworld to its fate and go under to complete the game. No luck, as the first boss (Shiva) dispatched my party promptly. Seems I'll have to level up a bit before I can beat the game... Might as well do the other stupid missions on the overworld. I'll continue on Monday.

Silent GamerPostJanuary 6, 2017, 19:37
Silent Gamer

Liquid Snake
January 6, 2017, 16:54
Normal topicVlado plays "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" [Final Fantasy X-2 SPOILERS]

I love FF:X-2, but I can admit it's faults. The story is naff and a lot of the mini-games aren't that fun. What they did to Blitzball is a tavesty. But I did love the battle system and the job-switching was always fun. That "Gunner's gauntlet" minigame on Besaid was also kind of addcitive. Whenever I got stuck, I just spammed Yuna's Special Dress-sphere. It's a little OP.

VladoPostJanuary 17, 2017, 18:19
Vlado

Administrator

I followed your advice and used Yuna's special dressphere on the last two bosses from the Youth League. I somehow lost the first time, but I kicked ass the second. Learned very useful new moves, too, like Haste All for the three parts of the Yuna flower boss thingy. :) Afterwards, Lucil (the Youth League leader in the absence of Nooj) held this big speech about how Youth League shouldn't allow itself to become a band of thugs, it's about uncovering Spira's true past and must be about opening a path towards peace!

I was planning to play a bit more, but sadly didn't have time. So I'll do it tomorrow.

VladoPostJanuary 20, 2017, 18:46
Vlado

Administrator

Next, I went to the Thunder Plains. There were fiends by each tower, which I beat without much effort, as they didn't have much HP. Then, however, I had to battle a boss called Humbaba... I was going to beat him with just the girls, but when he gets down to 4000 HP from 27000+ total, he starts using an annoying hit-all move called Tyrant Tail, and I couldn't get past that. Then, I used Yuna's special dressphere again, and I managed to finish him on the second try. Mission Complete!

Then, however, some hole appeared, and an Al Bhed invited me to explore... I did and I found Cid who had apparently wanted to do some exploring on his own, but got cornered by fiends... He was injured and I was wondering how to get him out, when suddenly he waved at a stone wall ahead which lifted and a machina boss appeared... Tried battling it a couple of times, but it's too damn tough. Not even Yuna's special dressphere can touch him. Annoyingly, the Shield ability which blocks all physical attacks apparently lasts for a certain amount of hits, and this machina's got a Gattling Gun ability which hits me many, many times for little damage, wasting my Shield quickly. Eventually, Yuna runs out of MP and I am then bled to death by his attacks. Annoying!

I'll try some other missions and return to destroy this thing later.

VladoPostJanuary 26, 2017, 11:21
Vlado

Administrator

I played yesterday but forgot to update here. First, I thought of doing some other missions to level up, but all that's left is super annoying and I don't wanna bother with it... So I jumped into the hole again and fought Shiva, using Yuna's special dressphere... I tried maybe 3 times, and failed spectacularly. Apparently, I must grind a bit...

I switched Yuna back to Songstress and finally I got the Slow Dance thing and unlocked the cool stuff - Haste Dance (Jitter Bug I think it was called) and Critical Hit Dance (no clue what it was called)... I beat up some beasts in the Thunder Plains and got 2 levels up... I'm at 33 now, will get to 35 and I'll try to beat Shiva again.

VladoPostJanuary 26, 2017, 17:13
Vlado

Administrator

Played some more, raised level to 35 after wasting maybe 30 minutes because I kept dying stupidly while doing so. Anyway, at this level I beat Shiva with ease (using Yuna's special dressphere, of course), and a save point conveniently appeared immediately afterwards... And that was it for today.

VladoPostFebruary 8, 2017, 19:30
Vlado

Administrator

I played some more today, but the next boss - apparently an Aeon that I never met in my FFX playthrough, is too tough. It's 3 insect-like creatures, Mindy, Sandy and Cindy or something like that. Well... Will grind a bit more and come back to them.

VladoPostFebruary 9, 2017, 16:12
Vlado

Administrator

Today was time for grinding - 90 minutes or so. Got the girls up to level 40. Will try the stupid Thunder Plains boss first (that's where I've been grinding, too), then back to those three.

KlemoibPostFebruary 9, 2017, 18:40
Klemoib

Big Boss
March 13, 2013, 21:12

Do you like playing the dress up game, Vlad?

VladoPostFebruary 10, 2017, 10:36
Vlado

Administrator

Well, I don't know if you've played this game, but since it's a job system, the girls change their clothes when you switch jobs. That's what the joke is based on. It's kinda cool, you discover interesting looks, like Yuna's Warrior and Thief costumes. The costumes are similar across the three girls, but they can look more appealing when the right girl puts them on (and that would be Yuna... Not fond of Rikku, much less Paine - she doesn't look good in anything).

But yeah, it's all decoration and fan service.

msgPostFebruary 10, 2017, 14:04

Big Boss
March 14, 2013, 07:50

Rikku is hotter than Yuna

KlemoibPostFebruary 10, 2017, 14:54
Klemoib

Big Boss

I only played ffX for like 10 minutes, but I couldn't get into it. I figured X2 would be more of the same.
hehehe so it is all about the dress up!

The only game I cared about dressing up was Shadow hearts covenant. I wanted Karen to be able to wear the german uniform she wore in the intro
but the only clothes I could find for here were these:

It was even sleazier than her normal clothes. I still feel cheated. It seems most game clothes are made for the sexiness. I saw the yuna clothes and they are not much better than Karen's dating outfit. Why can't they give Yuna a nice fancy Calvin Klein nazi uniform? Just for me. Life woud be great.

VladoPostFebruary 10, 2017, 17:26
Vlado

Administrator

Looks good to me! I like the uniform, too, though...

And FFX-2 is not much like X. X didn't have jobs, nor did it have a rad ATB battle system. Of course... That's where X-2's advantages end. It's pretty much "Filler - The Game" otherwise.

msgPostFebruary 10, 2017, 19:40

Big Boss

I will never beat X-2 because I will never play it again. I could play X again though, and probably will some day. I really need to beat Shadow Hearts, I could make it this weeknds game maybe, if I can get back into it from my save.

SudertumPostFebruary 10, 2017, 21:52
Sudertum

Solidus Snake
January 26, 2017, 09:54

Never played X-2 but i remember the soundtrack, as my brother heard it all the time.

ertyu1978PostFebruary 11, 2017, 12:41

Solid Snake
March 20, 2013, 20:30

life is strange i need to get that game thow i ll reay beten it

VladoPostFebruary 13, 2017, 16:25
Vlado

Administrator

I played again and it's remarkable how much difference a few levels make... I went into the hole where Cid is and I absolutely destroyed the machina boss that wrecked me the first time. I also unlocked Yuna's special dressphere's Great Whirl, which is a strong multiple-hit attack... Against a single enemy, this is incredibly overpowered. Doesn't even take MP... You can just spam it and heal until you win. A neat cutscene of Brother and Cid making peace again ensued (apparently they were at odds beforehand... I either never knew or forgot). Cid came to my airship and was at first disgusted with the paint job and scolded Brother, who wouldn't have any of it. So Cid just retreated to the engine room, telling me it's just the best place to think when I go see him.

With that Great Whirl in my arsenal, I returned to that hole again and... actually managed to lose to those bugs the first time! Yuna was damaged a good deal before I could change into the special dressphere, and HP wasn't enough to sustain their initial rush. But the second time I had no such problems, and managed to win, although it took a while. Their triple Delta Attack took me (along with the two helper parts) to 1 HP twice, but I recovered swiftly afterwards. After beating the bugs, I fought Anima, FFX Seymour's Aeon, who was really easy (might've been able to take him with the girls only, but whatever). And then, I talked to some girl from the past who'd tried to stop Shuyin and failed. She said it wasn't the real Shuyin, but just a shadow, created by his strong negative emotions. Yuna decided she'd banish the shadow with light, i.e. Lenne's feelings of love.

Then, I ended up in a flower field and met Leblanc and her two sidekicks there. Apparently, Nooj had asked her not to come after him into the giant hole in mid-air that was right near her, and she'd decided to listen because who could refuse such a cute face. I like how submissive she is in her love life, in contrast with her "business" life. :) Anyway, I'll be going into that hole, but there was a save sphere beforehand, so I saved and will continue tomorrow.

Yuna's already at level 43, the other two stuck at 40. There's little doubt I'll be beating the game shortly.

KlemoibPostFebruary 14, 2017, 10:05
Klemoib

Big Boss

" Yuna was damaged" hehe you talk like she is a car.

VladoPostFebruary 14, 2017, 18:54
Vlado

Administrator

Hm... Well, you have HP and take damage, so "damaged" shouldn't sound strange.

I played some more today. Jumped into that hole, and had to collect some notes and play a melody on a piano so that I wasn't attacked by dangerous beasts... I failed the first time, and some Omega Weapon attacked me. I destroyed him easily. But then some other asshole attacked me, and was too powerful even for Yuna's special dressphere. So I had to do the piano thing, eventually I succeeded.

This opened a path to Vegnagun, but not before I saw the injured Gippal and helped him. Leblanc also came... Apparently she wasn't content with just waiting. Well, the more, the merrier. On to Vegnagun we marched. I had to climb some annoying rocks in order (again playing the melody whose notes were scattered around the rocks). I failed a few times and had to fight that unbeatable monster. Then, I got it right and got to Vegnagun. Met Nooj, and a 10-minute cutscene followed... Nooj wanted to sacrifice himself to take out Shuyin, who had taken over Baralai's body in the meantime. Not cool. Yuna told him she was sick of losing friends and she'd do things her way this time. She remembered the events in FFX during her speech, of course. She wants to save everyone this time.

So, we split into teams and thought we'd attack a part of Vegnagun each. The Gullwings got the tail, and I fought and defeated it, only to see afterwards that Leblanc's team failed to do its share and I'd have to fight the legs, too. -_- I decided I'd played enough for today, and I had saved before the first fight, which wasn't that hard, and will redo it tomorrow. A bit annoying that you have to run all the way back where the rock climbing starts to save, but the game decided that giving you a save point closer to the end would be too convenient.

msgPostFebruary 14, 2017, 19:24

Big Boss

Please beat it quickly, I'd much rather read about a better game :D

Pages: 1 2 3

Latest Posts:

Last game you beatby: ertyu1978May 8, 2021, 04:06
What are you currently playing?by: VladoMarch 18, 2021, 11:06
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.134 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 21:36)
    68 reviews. Damn, this will take a while.
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 21:36)
    Haven’t even gotten to 70 yet.
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 21:53)
    Oho! I received another like!
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 21:53)
    Positive reviews really are the ticket.
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 21:57)
    What ever don’t go make videos
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:25)
    C-c-combo breaker. One of my negative reviews received a like. Breath of the Wild to be exact.
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:26)
    Oh and, uhh, don’t let klemoib find out I just said that.
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:35)
    What ever go make videos your never going anywhere anyways
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:38)
    Yeah I know I’m never going anywhere. That’s why I go make reviews. And it’s why I read manga and post comics and memes and put peanut butter in my oatmeal and play Pokemon Shield on Switch.
    rockshardPhD
    I do all these things because I’m not going anywhere anyways.
    rockshardPhD
    I could make videos too if I feel like doing that but I don’t.
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:39)
    Although I do sometimes upload screenshots to Twitter which is almost the same. I have a few videos there as well.
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:40)
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:41)
    And here is a video I made from Assassin’s Creed III. https://mobile.twitter.com/rockshardPhD/status/1374456551520407555
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:43)
    What’s your channel name anyways
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:44)
    Here’s a video I made from Super Mario 3D World. https://mobile.twitter.com/rockshardPhD/status/1373439184380194817
    rockshardPhD
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:46)
    And here’s a video of my character that I made in the God Eater 3 demo. She’s really good looking. https://mobile.twitter.com/rockshardPhD/status/1336393830187245569
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 22:57)
    That’s Twitter I’m talking about youtube
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 23:32)
    Then take down your channel on YouTube your not going anywhere anyways with it
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jun 12. 2021 23:33)
    Why you even make one if your not posting videos on it anyways

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · »
    You must be signed in to post a comment