Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
rockshardPhD's game
rockshardPhDPostApril 30, 2017, 01:22
rockshardPhD

Solid Snake
January 6, 2017, 07:02
Normal topicrockshardPhD's game

I'm open to constructive criticism but mind you the game is still under construction. The current deckbuider screen is just for testing. I had planned something different for the player, lately though I'm thinking the final game won't have a deckbuilder at all. You'll periodically get card upgrades and that's it. Letting the player add additional copies of Resurrection or w/e, would have completely wrecked game balance and I didn't really see the need to include something like that except to show off the fact that it's possible.

Anyway, I should add this script to my game.
Cast Animations
Cause right now it just feels like you're fighting inanimate objects and getting attacked by nothing. Like you're in a hurricane and random debris is hitting your face. xD

EDIT: derp, part of the problem was because the enemies didn't have any attack animations to begin with. Somehow I failed to notice this. So I gave them attack animations *and* cast animations. The result is awesome.

Also successfully implemented alternating turn orders. Very neat. It's really coming together!

rockshardPhDPostMay 4, 2017, 20:42
rockshardPhD

Solid Snake
Quote from Klemoib on April 6, 2017, 14:51

won't disney sue due to use of their letter type though? :-P

The question is whether any RPGM communities will host my game. But just now I came across one that rips off Duke Nukem 3D:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/9733/

Totally wasn't expecting to see that. o.O Maybe my game has a chance of getting approved after all, even though I decided that not getting approved is not a big deal to me because I'd rather just make the game the way I want it.

VladoPostMay 5, 2017, 12:46
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40

Heh, I don't think letter type is that big of a deal, anyway... Unless the game gets really popular, I doubt anyone at Disney will care enough to C&D it. And even if that happens, you can change the font.

rockshardPhDPostMay 5, 2017, 21:02
rockshardPhD

Solid Snake

I'm more concerned about the game I'd make next, a Pokemon themed game called Pokemon High School. Nintendo isn't very welcoming towards fangames. But I look forward to making it because I actually think the game could reach 100,000 downloads if people do YouTube videos about it. People are downright obsessed with Pokemon.

VladoPostMay 5, 2017, 23:18
Vlado

Administrator

I like how ambitious you are. What kind of game are you planning it to be?

rockshardPhDPostMay 6, 2017, 03:30
rockshardPhD

Solid Snake

You'd play as Pikachu who is being beat up on by a school bully (Zoroark) and you go around recruiting other Pokemon to form a gang and ultimately try to get back at him. You will be able to recruit almost every enemy in the game and decide who will be in your party. The game will be very short but hopefully it will be as funny/interesting as I had in mind.

The mechanics will be inspired by the TCG. If you were to imagine a version of the TCG where 3 or 4 Pokemon are active on each side (instead of just one) that's more or less what I had planned. The battles would be very short as a result so I hope to have it be about which Pokemon you will bring to a fight, or figuring out what tactic must be employed in order to be able to win when you are seemingly outmatched. Each battle will also be multiple rounds, like a fighting game, something I'm pretty excited about because it's so unexpected for an rpg.

rockshardPhDPostMay 11, 2017, 00:39
rockshardPhD

Solid Snake

Nope! Fan games can still ruin your life. Please stop believing otherwise. FREE legal AMA with your pal, VideoGameAttorney (x-post my profile) from Games

Joking responses you'll see aside, I've seen homes lost, families broken up, and credit ruined for life. No company owes you a cease and desist, and many are more than willing to destroy you in order to stop a competing game, as is their right. The reason you never hear about it? Because those life ruining settlements (which are better than life ruining judgments) also come with a very strict NDA. The creators disappear into quietness and don't talk about what actually happened. But it is the height of lunacy to think the worst case scenario is a cease and desist. And it doesn't matter if you don't own anything right now, judgments stay with you twenty years and they'll make sure you don't own anything in the future either.

Yes, there is no difference if your game is free or not. Whoever started this rumor is up there with "a cop has to tell you he's a cop."

edit: this response got a good laugh out of me though:

This sounds like lies being used as a scare tactic by a video game company that doesn't have enough money to sue tens of thousands of fanfic writers, but has just barely enough money to pay a lawyer to spend four hours on Reddit.

VladoPostMay 11, 2017, 13:44
Vlado

Administrator
Quote from rockshardPhD on May 6, 2017, 03:30

You'd play as Pikachu who is being beat up on by a school bully (Zoroark) and you go around recruiting other Pokemon to form a gang and ultimately try to get back at him. You will be able to recruit almost every enemy in the game and decide who will be in your party. The game will be very short but hopefully it will be as funny/interesting as I had in mind.

The mechanics will be inspired by the TCG. If you were to imagine a version of the TCG where 3 or 4 Pokemon are active on each side (instead of just one) that's more or less what I had planned. The battles would be very short as a result so I hope to have it be about which Pokemon you will bring to a fight, or figuring out what tactic must be employed in order to be able to win when you are seemingly outmatched. Each battle will also be multiple rounds, like a fighting game, something I'm pretty excited about because it's so unexpected for an rpg.

This sounds like an interesting idea!

Pages: 1 2 3

Latest Posts:

What are you currently playing?by: rockshardPhDMay 26, 2017, 08:25
The rant threadby: BlackscarMay 26, 2017, 08:10
The politics(argument) threadby: msgMay 26, 2017, 08:05
The Book Clubby: BlackscarMay 26, 2017, 03:44
The Food Threadby: BlackscarMay 26, 2017, 03:34
The Travel Threadby: BlackscarMay 26, 2017, 02:08
Improvements/bugfixes backlogby: VladoMay 25, 2017, 23:00
Deus Ex was right! [SPOILERS]by: VladoMay 25, 2017, 17:20
Your gaming historyby: VladoMay 25, 2017, 12:11
Gaming News by: VladoMay 25, 2017, 10:31
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 12:48)
    what ever its just fighting game ill beat this game in no time im all ready in chapter 3 and put batman on the box fuck you superman
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 13:26)
    what ever batman superman spiderman i m tornadiman ill take you all on let me just go get my coustem
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 13:39)
    why do you keep saying that i dont need it
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 17:13)
    im LL READY UP TO CHAPTER 8 WITH WOUNDER WOMAN
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 20:30)
    lol im all most at the end of the gme tell gamefqs soon ill bet injustice 2 it was too easy anyways ha ha tell mega man X i am the king of games the king of kings the king of the world
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 20:56)
    i just beat injustice 2 suck it gamefaqs 1057
    VladoVlado
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 22:41)
    You mean 1027?
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, May 25. 2017 23:37)
    no 1057 i told you i forgot games on my list ones i probley beaten long time ago
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, May 26. 2017 00:01)
    thow what dose it matter what my total of gmes is ive beaten you people on gmefaqs think im laying about them anyways n worship mega man X
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, May 26. 2017 01:50)
    MLB Discussion Topic 1 – BASEBALL IS BACK WOOOOOOOOOO what ever braves suck should be last place anyways

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · »
    You must be signed in to post a comment