Forum

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Help msg before he quits gaming forever!
msgPostJanuary 2, 2017, 18:32
msg

Big Boss
March 14, 2013, 07:50
Hot topicHelp msg before he quits gaming forever!

It sounds very dramatic, but the way things are heading this will happen soon.

Let me give you some examples, just from the last few months. Watch Dogs is one of my favourite games so i bought Watch Dogs 2, I've played a couple of hours maximum and put it in the drawer. Call of Duty is one of my favourites, especially Modern warfare, and I'm a huge military history fan, especially for WW1. Battlefield One is right up my street then right? Nope, couldn't be bothered to finish the campaign.

Then there's Fallout 4. Fallout 3 is in my top 5 of all-time, definitely. I played it through maybe 20 times, got every single achievement. Now, I enjoyed playing F4, but quickly finished the main quest and now it's meh. I've tried getting back into it but I can't. I know it's a big improvement over 3 but I just don't feel it.

I've had a lot of fun on War Thunder this past year but I've taken too much time out and on an MMO you quickly get left behind, as soon as I start a game now I'm killed without a hope of ever doing anything.

I need a game that is going to amaze me, something that's going to get me back into the thing I once loved the most. I have high hopes for Persona 5 but the way things have gone lately I think it's just gonna disappoint me like everything else.

So come on guys, recommend me a game! None of those shitty indy games please, this needs to be top level stuff, really well made. It doesn't have to be new, it could be anything.

Bow down before me you peasant!

Dogshit > OoT

VladoPostJanuary 3, 2017, 12:18
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40

Very difficult for me to give advice. My gaming also slumped big time in 2016, I only beat like 5 games, and none after summer. The last truly great game I played was Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which I thought was pretty much the game to end games, simply because my favourite series was ending forever... It is an amazingly polished open-world game and I really recommend it. Read my review first if you're not sure.

I'm hearing good things about Final Fantasy XV, but I'm not touching that until it comes out on PC.

Dr. EggnogPostJanuary 4, 2017, 21:54
Dr. Eggnog

Solid Snake
January 4, 2017, 19:30

I suppose I'd recommend Ratchet and Clank Going Commando and Donkey Kong Country Returns for fun gameplay, Stardew Valley for OCD type satisfaction, and To the Moon for a great story, but I'm not sure if any of those would help.

HOLY FUCK WE CAN POST TITTIES HERE! :boobs: :boobs: :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

msgPostJanuary 4, 2017, 21:55
msg

Big Boss

Oh my god, titties!

This is the best day ever.

Dogshit > OoT

Dr. EggnogPostJanuary 4, 2017, 22:01
Dr. Eggnog

Solid Snake

They should make titty games that aren't anime. That would bring nod back.

VladoPostJanuary 5, 2017, 10:24
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40

Does Dead or Alive count as anime? :P

KlemoibPostJanuary 5, 2017, 10:40
Klemoib

Big Boss
March 13, 2013, 21:12

Yeah you should just give it up man. You are only just beginning to realize that Dogshit has owned FF7 all this time

Nah. You should not force yourself to like gaming. You can always play if you want, but you don't have to. There are more things in life like paying the bills and taking showers.

I also could never figure out your taste in gaming. I don't know what to recommend.
It does sound like you could benefit from playing simpler games you can just pick up and play for a short while. It's not so daunting to pick them up again after a long break. Maybe platformers? Racing games?..... The sims?

I have not been playing games that much because I stopped trying to like games that I didn't actually like (such as FFXIII). In my 3 yearlong research I have come to the conclusion that building games like the sims 2, rollercoaster tycoon never get old and are still funner than new games. And games like mario 64, lylatwars, Goldeneye, Mariokart are easy to pick up and play and they still stand the test of time. Those games are still fun to me because of the gameplay. Gameplay will always > story and cinematics. Maybe just look for what seems fun to play and not for some franchise you used to like but now sucks balls. Maybe your taste has changed too? I know mine has. I never liked platformers and racing games, but I can appreciate them a lot more now because they focus on gameplay alone and don't try to trick you with fancy cinematics and Hollywood scripts.

Oh yeah. These are the indie games that seem fun to me. They are focused on the player's active experience and I like that. (mind you I have not played them so they could be shit for all i know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnRX2np2HQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ymLKF9Ppps

So yeah. Simple games with deep gameplay are fun. Rpg's can kiss my ass (except for a select few which were actually fun to play).

Also I got an original xbox for 10 euro's. Games are about 2 euro's. Don't know if you liked xbox, but it's great to get into now, plus the graphics are actually pretty good so they will not kill your pampered eyes too much. But I don't know. Jet set radio future was probably the best game on there.

You don't need a lot of games. You just need 1 or 2 you really like and can play till the end of time. Maybe you just need to find "the One" a game to end all games. But before you can find the one you need to end all prejudices. Do not look for what you think you will like but look for something that you actually like. A game even a casual gamer could like. Maybe test games on your wife. If she does not like the game it is probably an objectively bad game. There are not many good games out there, games that will stand the test of time. And even those games still have flaws. It's hard to find the one, maybe it still has to be made. Maybe you have to make it yourself. I like the medium of games a whole lot, but I can see games are nowhere near of having reached their full potential. But it’s fun finding games that push for those boundaries, games that show you something new and good. Games that do something right.

It’s probably not your fault msg. You have not grown up, you just realized games are shit right. Really they are. Old games are shit too. All games are shit, but sometimes they are not and that make them worth paying attention to sometimes. So just look for good games once in a while and in the meantime you can actually do something with your life instead of beating yourself up for not liking games.

Oh yeah. Cool: :boobs:

Dr. EggnogPostJanuary 5, 2017, 12:09
Dr. Eggnog

Solid Snake

That 140. I'm not sure I understand the point of making something that atmospheric without context or characters. That's like buying a super expensive dog collar without owning a dog.

I can tell you nod doesn't like The Sims or Mario 64. I wouldn't really describe Sims or Rollercoaster Tycoon as fun games, they're more about chilling and feeling the vibe. Also, I can't remember the last time I saw someone say that Goldeneye stands the test of time. With all that said, it's freaking cool how much detail you went into.

That boob gif is seriously mesmerizing. :boobs:

Edit: Anyway, I guess my advice to nod would be not to force it. I'd be surprised if you really stopped liking games forever. I imagine that if you took a break and did some other stuff then at some point you'd get really nostalgic about one of your old favorites and because of the break it would feel fresh again. :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

msgPostJanuary 5, 2017, 13:02
msg

Big Boss

To be honest I think it's me, not gaming. Are games getting worse? Probably not, there's a lack of new ideas and interesting games for sure, but Fallout 4 is superior to 3 in every measurable way.

No, I'm sure it's me, I've changed.

Dogshit > OoT

KlemoibPostJanuary 5, 2017, 18:32
Klemoib

Big Boss

@ egg

Yea I figured msg wouldn't like those games. I still play them and they are cool. But I still have a crt tv so I'm not too spoiled yet.
The 140 game is based on music and form alone. it would not fit to have story or characters. It is fully intuitive and the whole game is driven by the changes in music and shape. Even the abstract shape you play changes appearance when in motion. I thought it was very clever. It seems fun to play. I like abstract games. There are so little of them.

@ msg
Well, then you are a lost cause. Nothing we can do. :boobs:
Games are not getting worse no. I have to say they are objectively better than old games but they are not balanced well. Some things are far more advanced than other things. Graphics look good, but animation can't keep up (far too many creepy face animations). Gameplay has also not really evolved. It has just stagnated. Story telling has always sucked in games no matter what era. I wish they would focus on game feel more. That the action of the avatar feels natural to the player. I see a lot of modern games opt for fancier (longer) animations (fucking uncharted), but they take to long for the press of a button. It's as if when you jump or do whatever, a tiny jumping cut scene is activated instead of just the action of jumping. It feels off and stupid.

Stagnation is deterioration to me. You cannot show me the same old same old you showed me 10 years ago with better graphics and more content. Games have always evolved and they always continued to feel fresh, but now not so much.

But maybe it is you. And me and a lot of other people from all age groups who suddenly grew up. Movies sucked too the past few years. I don't know what is up with the world. People seem to get stupider by the week. Well at least trainspotting 2 is coming out this year. That looks nice.

msgPostJanuary 5, 2017, 19:37
msg

Big Boss

But I really want to find that new FFVII, that one game that will make me love games again.

WHY CAN'T IT EXIST?! WHY?!!!

Dogshit > OoT

KlemoibPostJanuary 5, 2017, 20:10
Klemoib

Big Boss

Are they not remaking ff7? I'd think you'd be extatic 'bout that. :P

msgPostJanuary 5, 2017, 20:16
msg

Big Boss

But I know it's just going to be FFXIII with a better story. They're gonna ruin it totally!

I'm still gonna buy it, probably pre-order it though. Then I'm going to FUCKING RAGE ON HERE UNTIL YOU LOT GET SO SICK OF IT YOU LEAVE FOREVER!¬

Yeah, I don't have high hopes.

Dogshit > OoT

KlemoibPostJanuary 5, 2017, 20:55
Klemoib

Big Boss

haha atleast you know yourself well enough to know what to expect. :P

............But maybe it will be good!

(haha sorry for the false hope. It will be shit. It's just a cash grab)

msgPostJanuary 5, 2017, 21:04
msg

Big Boss

My only hope is that they put a classic mode in there, you know, a turn based gameplay option.

I've tweeted them to fucking death about it, I'm their biggest fan, I hope they listen toi what we want. I could manage with that.

Dogshit > OoT

Dr. EggnogPostJanuary 5, 2017, 23:44
Dr. Eggnog

Solid Snake

Story telling has always sucked in games no matter what era.

*dry humps my copy of Silent Hill 2*

ExplojinPostJanuary 6, 2017, 08:28
Explojin

Liquid Snake
January 6, 2017, 06:10

Nah man, I'm on the same page as you. I'm just so jaded when it comes to gaming these days, can't get motivated to play anything at all. Latest games I bought were Just Cause 3, Mad Max, Fallout 4, and Uncharted 4 but I only have a few hours in each. Can't remember which came first but the last games I really went hog wild on were Shadow of Mordor and MGSV. The next game I'm looking forward to is the next Red Dead which isn't coming for another year. :boobs:

It's not even that I don't have time, I just end up watching tv shows on Netflix like a zombie for 6 hours straight...

msgPostJanuary 6, 2017, 09:44
msg

Big Boss

Yes, that's me! I leave work at 3:30pm every Friday and I rush home all excited to start gaming, the wife works Saturday's so I have until Sunday to do whatever I want. But then I get home and browse the internet, look at my games and go "meh, maybe later". Then I watch some Netflix or read a book then all of a sudden it's Sunday and we go out for a meal or something and I did no gaming whatsoever.

Dogshit > OoT

KlemoibPostJanuary 6, 2017, 10:03
Klemoib

Big Boss

Haha I don't watch tv anymore. I don't like any show at the moment. I feel less braindead for a change, which is good.

msgPostJanuary 6, 2017, 12:16
msg

Big Boss

I'm gonna play Fallout 4 when I get home, I'm gonna force myself.

Dogshit > OoT

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Latest Posts:

Last game you beatby: rockshardPhDMarch 21, 2019, 13:05
Gaming News by: BlackscarMarch 16, 2019, 00:58
What are you currently playing?by: BlackscarMarch 6, 2019, 07:48
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.294 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

ertyu1978
    (Sunday, Feb 17. 2019 18:31)
    why am i gettingno views on my youtube page
    VladoVlado
    (Tuesday, Feb 19. 2019 13:32)
    Hmm, that’s strange. Could they have censored you?
    ertyu1978
    (Wednesday, Feb 20. 2019 01:04)
    no the page is still there
    VladoVlado
    (Wednesday, Feb 20. 2019 12:25)
    Yeah, but maybe they restricted your appearance on related videos, channels, etc.
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Feb 22. 2019 19:06)
    ok then what ever i have been getting views
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Feb 25. 2019 18:56)
    well this is it the big week soon ill be off to spring training baseball then we movie arizona
    ertyu1978
    (Wednesday, Feb 27. 2019 18:30)
    my youtube pge is the ertyu0078 so get used to it
    VladoVlado
    (Wednesday, Feb 27. 2019 18:31)
    When does Spring Training start?
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Mar 1. 2019 22:07)
    its already strated now there re games on the tv ill be going on the 4th an ill be back on the 11th
    VladoVlado
    (Wednesday, Mar 20. 2019 22:47)
    Are you back yet?

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · »
    You must be signed in to post a comment