Forum

Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3
Vlado plays "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" [Final Fantasy X-2 SPOILERS]
VladoPostAugust 25, 2016, 16:41
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40
Normal topicVlado plays "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" [Final Fantasy X-2 SPOILERS]

I started this bizarre game last night. It's the first direct sequel in Final Fantasy history... Its reputation is not particularly stellar, but I've heard the battle system is good. They've gone back to the tried and true ATB after the rather archaic turn-based system in FFX. The game is called "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" because your party consists of Yuna, Rikku (we're familiar with them from FFX) and Paine (apparently a Cloud-wannabe silent chick with shitty hair style), and you have this job system where you can change girls' "Dressspheres" and they change clothes and become a different class, basically. It can be done in the middle of the battle, too! That's apparently the big innovation of FFX-2, mechanics-wise. Doesn't sound too bad.

We start with a JPop concert where Yuna is performing some song. Apparently, she's a big star after ridding the world of Sin and all... FMV is a pleasure to the eye. Suddenly, Rikku and Paine are shown attacking some guards, and eventually they get to the stage, angry at Yuna about something. A fight initiates and the two kick her and her male dancers' ass. Yuna tries to escape, and Rikku and Paine give chase. Suddenly, another Yuna appears, and we discover that the first one is apparently fake. The real Yuna demands her dresssphere back, and this chick throws it at her, becoming her real self. I didn't think a dresssphere also changed you into a different person... Whatever. The bad chick is apparently called Leblanc. Then, we fight her and her two friends, winning relatively easily. They scram.

Yuna apparently got dragged out of Besaid by Rikku to begin another adventure... And they ended up becoming "Sphere hunters" - conveniently, that's what I'll be doing in this game, expanding my party's job arsenal. Having removed the Summoner burden from her shoulders last game, Yuna is much more happy-go-lucky now, and having fun in a world with no big threats. Apparently, a few factions have rised to fill the power vacuum left by us destroying Yevon last time. We'll certainly encounter them on our way. Above all, though, Yuna wants to find Tidus, not having accepted his fate from the last game's end. Good luck with that...

VladoPostAugust 29, 2016, 12:59
Vlado

Administrator
Normal topicVlado plays "Dress up the Final Fantasy girls" [Final Fantasy X-2 SPOILERS]

It's hilarious how hard this game tries to be "rad" - you don't merely find items in treasure chests, you "score" them. And the airship looks like something a huge Harley-Davidson fan would draw... Anyway, one thing that's nice as always is Yuna's voice. It's impressive what a good job her voice actress does.

I was at some ruins hosting a sphere first, and had to outrun that Leblanc chick and her goons to the top. The way I had to go initially was down rather than up, which caught me by surprise, so I failed, but, as I finally got up there, they scrammed. Apparently, some monster had appeared. I defeated it with ease, and got the sphere. Spheres actually contain some short video clips, and we watched this one... It was some fan exciting about getting to shake some girl's hand... Who knows what this was all about. The girls found no value in the sphere, but as a Dresssphere, it was great - got me the Black Mage job.

Next, I could choose between going to Besaid or Zanarkand, but I was warned that Zanarkand had tough beasts, so I headed to Besaid. Yuna met her old friends Wakka and Lulu - the latter apparently pregnant, and Wakka was psyched about becoming a dad soon. A seemingly casual conversation suddenly reminded him of a sphere of his parents. After talking to Lulu, Yuna got to sleep (you can see her wake up and get out of bed when sleeping in this game - clothed, of course). On the next morning, Wakka was gone, and I had to find him in some cave. First, we asked around the village, and people told us we needed to find some "ciphers" - apparently the numbers I saw a couple of before actually entering the village. I walked around the island and found another one, then found the combination lock-protected door to the cave... Since I already knew 3 of the figures, and the game was kind enough to also tell me their position, I just went through the remaining figures until I found the correct one. Wakka was just sitting inside, wondering whether to go on with the search... Yuna and the girls didn't hesitate a bit, and found it promptly. A flame dragon appeared and, after defeating him, the sphere was ours! White Mage job this time.

Sadly, it didn't turn out to really be Wakka's parents' sphere that his late bro Chappu had told him about. Then, Wakka decided it wasn't important, and what if his parents didn't turn out to be as badass as he'd remembered them? So he just gave up on the search (for now?). Yuna and the other two headed straight back to the airship.

Battling is still a little weird in this game - casting magic and abilities takes a while charging... Straight attacking seems to be the most effective, usually. But I haven't fought many strong enemies yet, I'll see later how things go. Learning abilities has been fun, already got a few useful ones, and learning some costly ones right now. After learning the most useful Thief abilities that were available, Rikku is now a Gunner... Yuna is a Black Mage, only Paine keeps her original Warror job at least until she learns Assault.

VladoPostAugust 31, 2016, 17:54
Vlado

Administrator

Just played some more... Nothing major today, though. I decided to tour the whole country... world before going to Zanarkand where my next story mission awaits. First, I went back to Besaid to talk to that grandpa in the temple who promised to tell me something interesting after I went to the cave... Apparently, there is another door inside that is combination-locked. I haven't found it so far, but it must be where Chappu's sphere is located! Unfortunately, I need some "search sphere" to read the combination's numbers, and it's locked in the temple in a chest whose key I need to pay near a million gil to buy from a shop in town... Okay, that'll take a while.

Then, I headed to Kilika, where apparently the "Youth League" and "New Yevon" are feuding... No mission was available, so nothing there aside from talking with the locals a bit. Then, I went to Luca, where the mission of retracing Yuna's steps began. Apparently, she was the person in the moogle suit I was supposed to meet in the beginning of the game if I wanted the perfect ending. I handed over balloons to people and stuff. Boring. Then, I went back to Luca again to see what the new sport that was all the rage during the Blitzball off-season was... And it's apparently some stupid numbers game! Seriously, Square? After the magnificent Blitzball which, despite being a poor man's Captain Tsubasa game, was quite fun, you give us this? This is an insult. I won't be playing this junk.

VladoPostSeptember 2, 2016, 21:10
Vlado

Administrator

Another relaxing play session touring Spira. First, I went to the Youth League's headquarters. Had to go past a road full of "fiends," and I encountered Leblanc's goons on the way. Nothing interesting, we didn't even fight. Apparently, there's some cave I can open by collecting a bunch of key items in a sidequest or something. After going up a few levels and learning new useful abilities (Paine finally learned Assault, though I haven't needed to use it yet... What's with these easy enemies everywhere?), I reached the Youth League's HQ. They were planning some operation against New Yevon, though, and I couldn't speak to their leader, Noob... Nooj. Apparently an amazing warrior that was nowhere to be seen in FFX. OK then.

Then, I went to Djose temple, and you can earn money there by doing digging. I didn't sign up, sounds like a bore. I saw the "Machine faction"'s leader, apparently he's a rad Al Bhed dude. Then, I went to the Shoopuf location, and some fast-talking dwarf asked me to track down his assistant who was bringing goods for his show or something like that. He said I'd find him at Djose temple, so I went back there, but a hypello was nowhere in sight. Would I have to go in digging to find him? -_- Fortunately, as I left the temple screen and took the other fork tip of the road, there he was. I had to export him and his chocobo-pulled wagon full of goods to his master. Bandits attacked a few times, trying to steal his stuff, we slayed them with ease. The master gave us a sphere in return for our help. It's the Gun Mage sphere - apparently, the Blue mage flavour of this game.

I now have a bunch of sphere grids, but the later ones only have 3 sphere slots... Despite the nice effects given when switching spheres. Cura, Firaga and shit. I'll stick to my 5-slot one for now. Despite barely switching spheres in battle, it's nice to have options... The party of Black Mage (Yuna), White Mage (Rikku) and Warrior (Paine) is doing quite well for now.

VladoPostSeptember 11, 2016, 16:46
Vlado

Administrator

So, I visited all the other remaining places... There are some side quests that became apparent. Apparently, Macalania Woods are dying, Guadosalam has been abandoned by the Guado, I played some silly dog racing betting in the Calm Lands... Got lost in a desert until I was rescued... Nothing interesting. Oh, I went to Kilika again to see that Dona, and her husband is apparently New Yevon, while she's Youth League, so they fight all the time now. He ran away screaming, and she refused to even talk to me about it. Saw the New Yevon headquarters in Bevelle, too - apparently, they want to atone for their past sins. Whatever. We must do away with Yevon altogether. We can create a new religion worshipping Jecht. That would be appropriate. Dude was the best.

Then, I headed to Zanarkand. It has become a tourist attraction now, which Yuna naturally finds annoying. I'll continue with the mission there next time.

VladoPostSeptember 12, 2016, 19:11
Vlado

Administrator

Played some more, did the Zanarkand mission... I like how I keep encountering these apparently minor characters from FFX, and I keep lying to them that I remember them, when I don't at all. But Yuna herself surely remembers them, so it's not really a lie when I choose those answers. Anyway... I almost got my first game over in a normal battle when I was attacked by these two huge beasts at once. I managed to escape with my last standing character. But it was all due to not taking normal battles seriously at all and selecting whatever comes to mind first. I met some kids after I entered the temple - apparently everyone's got Sphere Hunter teams now, and there are ALWAYS 3 people per team. Even kids and grannies do. "Kinderguardians"... Alright. They told me about a clue to finding the treasure - "key". Then, from another loser, I got "mon", and the clue was apparently "monkey"... There were lots of them in the temple, some even stole a few coins from me.

I proceeded deep into the temple, and another guy I "remembered" Isaaru or something was apparently working as a scary "boss" of the temple, guardian of the treasure or whatever. I told him the clue was "monkey" and then recognised him, so he showed up and gifted me another sphere grid. I also met Cid - there's one character I did recognise from the previous game. He's apparently running the place or something. He's the one responsible for Zanarkand becoming a tourist attraction, which upsets Yuna. Anyway, we proceeded deeper into the temple and did find a sphere. A huge boss attacked and we defeated him with a little bit of Protect-ion. Turned out the sphere was just half a sphere... Oh well.

On to the next mission, in Kilika Woods.

VladoPostSeptember 16, 2016, 12:59
Vlado

Administrator

After another hour or so today, I'm done with chapter 1. Went to Kilika Woods and the Youth League leader, some "legendary warrior" named Nooj, who wears glasses and walks using a cane, was giving a speech about how the evil New Yevon were hiding a sphere holding the secrets of Spira's history and refusing to make it public. His half-hearted speech failed to get me particularly excited. Then, an argument between Youth League and New Yevon ensued, but we, the Gullwings, weren't having any of that shit - we wanted the sphere for ourselves!

Encounter rate was pretty high, but monsters failed to pose any threat - game's quite easy so far. I learned some more abilities and turned Paine into a Gun Mage - the party consists of Black Mage Yuna, White Mage Rikku and Gun (Blue) Mage Paine now - pretty neat configuration if I do say so myself. We snuck through the woods, overheard a password that let us past the guards, and eventually made our way to Kilika Temple, where the sphere was being kept. Youth League forced their way in, too, but before the two parties could settle the dispute, the Gullwings defeated the machina guarding the temple and took the sphere before a disgruntled Dona and everyone else present from the two factions.

Chapter 1 complete!

VladoPostSeptember 19, 2016, 19:34
Vlado

Administrator

Only a few cutscenes today... I took a look at the sphere I got from those fools, and it had Tidus in it! It's probably from the distant past. He wanted to save "Lenne" - as Yuna interpreted it - by using some powerful machina. Then, Yuna danced for the Gullwings people to relieve some stress. I had to push some weird-looking musicians into the elevator before the show could start. WTF was up with that? This game likes being random.

Yuna got all angry remembering about this "Lenne" chick that Tidus wanted to save and went to bed angry, in her Dancer sphere clothes, too. Jealousy... "Len" might've also been short for "Lenny"? It doesn't necessarily have to be some other girl, but there Yuna goes, thinking Tidus is not only not really gone from "this world," but also cheating on her. Women. You need to trust him more, girl. Then, Yuna dreams of Tidus rescuing her from the wedding in FFX (? - I don't remember the scene well anymore), and they end up in front of this machina, but some riflemen catch up with them and shoot them dead.

Anyway, on the next day, I am forced to decide whether to give the sphere back to the Youth League or to New Yevon. We don't want to keep it because we feel kinda guilty for fucking them all up, and besides, it has no value as a dresssphere. Neither Rikku, nor Paine can advise me to give it to either faction, but I have to pick one. I myself don't like either of them, either, but I go with the Youth League - at least they wanted to make it public... They roll out the red carpet and stuff, and suspiciously all the major members get off the Celsius for the sphere delivery - the three chicks, Brother, Buddy and Shinra. We'll soon find out it's but a plot device.

Nooj tells me about the giant machina - apparently, New Yevon want to use it to control Spira, but it shouldn't be woken because it could bring great destruction to Spira! Youth League will do everything they can to stop them, he says. Okay. Yuna asks him about who the blondie on film was. Nooj can't say. But Yuna already knows it's Tidus. Anyway, Buddy appears and says there's a distress signal from the Celsius - we go back to the airship and we've had a sphere stolen. Leblanc left a message making fun of us. It's the half-sphere we found in Zanarkand. Time to get it back! First, we need to steal Leblanc Syndicate uniforms from around the world, and then sneak into Leblanc HQ. I wonder where I'll have to look for those, but there's a hotspot already marked on my map... K then.

I reset and tried giving the sphere to New Yevon... Roughly the same things happened, except they said they must prevent Youth League from getting their hands on that machina. Whatever. I am continuing on the file where I gave it to the Youth League, of course.

VladoPostSeptember 25, 2016, 11:46
Vlado

Administrator

I played a little bit yesterday. I went to Guadosalam where the game was instructing me to go, I wasn't let in the Leblanc mansion, of course, but talked to some people and they told me Leblanc's goons were on a mission on the Djose Highroad. Alright, that's where I'll strike. I went there and they'd apparently lost a sphere... I had to go and retrieve it myself. As I found it, they naturally attacked - the two Leblanc subordinates and some random female goon whose purpose was to provide one of the three uniforms I'd later use to sneak in. To my horror, I got my first game over here. I don't really know what happened, I really should've used Protect in the beginning of the battle. Despite using many Phoenix Downs, I couldn't outpace those two.

Then I repeated the same exercise (this time, dude in Guadosalam told me they were in the desert, I went to the desert, but I couldn't get out of the town, so whatever, I returned to the Djose road), and cast Protect in the beginning of the boss battle. Then, it was a cakewalk. I got a cool "special" sphere - apparently something special happens if you first go through all the spheres in your grid, and then activate it. I'll have to check it out. And I got the first uniform, of course. Two more...

VladoPostSeptember 30, 2016, 20:22
Vlado

Administrator

Got over 2 and a half hours in today... As I loaded my save... What the hell is Rikku wearing?! Oh, it's the Leblanc Syndicate uniform... Making sure I don't forget how many more I need to get. Neat. First, we overheard that Leblanc's goons were doing some mountain climbing, and headed to Mt. Gagazet. We got to speak to the Ronsos, including Kimahri, again, choosing one among 3 options... It seemed as fruitless as last time. We went to Fayth Scar and started chasing a female goon. Eventually, we caught her and a friend taking a dip in an onsen... Nice! Just as we were about to steal their clothes, Ormi showed up, and we had to defeat him. Easy-peasy. Then the two goons also attacked, beat them, too. And because we had to go to 3 different places to get these uniforms, not just two, got just one uniform out of the two girls. What, we let them split the other one so they wouldn't be completely naked? -_-

Then, I tried to get Yuna and her friends in the onsen themselves... Only to see that it wasn't possible anymore. Apparently, after looking it up, I had to take a different route before (not after the goon), and it'd treat me with an onsen scene. Now, it's locked. Well... I looked at it on Youtube, and it was pretty odd - WTF is up with those hypello dudes in the onsen with Yuna, Rikku and Paine? And they were wearing beachwear, too. What kind of onsen is that?! I thought it's probably American censorship at work, and looked up the Japanese version (thought they just wouldn't be shown nude...). Unfortunately, they had their swimming suits on even in the Japanese version. What an insult to onsens that was.

I also tried Yuna's special sphere or whatever... Rikku and Paine scrammed, and she turned into some weird boss thing. Main body and two arms, each getting turns and having various special abilities. It was overpowered as fuck, the main Yuna had like 1500 HP, while normally she has like 500.

Then, I had to go to the desert, as I'd already heard that clue last time, but first, I had to register as a digger. I went to see Gippal, the Machine faction leader, in Djose temple. He got all horny from being able to talk to Yuna personally... But showed enough restraint so things didn't have to escalate. He interviewed me with one question - whether I wanted to dig. Well, why did I come here?! And that was it. I then went to the desert, talked to the chick in charge there, and she asked me to go to the Oasis, where I had to check on some suspicious people. They were, of course, from the Leblanc Syndicate. I went there and quickly battled Ormi and Logos (or was it just Logos? Hmm), defeating them. Got the final uniform. I got Rikku's special sphere, too. Will try it next time.

Time to storm Chateau Leblanc... We dressed up as goons and entered with ease. There, we saw Leblanc go all lovey-dovey with Nooj, the Youth League leader... Apparently, she'd found the location of that huge machina, Vegnagun, and now he knew it. He was like "Spira is going to be in some trouble" or something like that, and left. Hm, if he's with Leblanc, he can't be a good guy! Anyway, everything was going swimmingly, we were chatting with Logos and Ormi as if nothing was going on, and we even got to massage Leblanc. That was hilarious. Apparently, Yuna is really great at massages, making Leblanc fall asleep (after one redo, of course). Then, we opened some secret door, and Paine came up with the "brilliant" idea to take off the uniforms, which of course the other two went along with. Well, fuck you! I could have never guessed we'd get found out and attacked this way. -_- In the next moment, that happened. Supposedly, it was Brother's fault because he called on the radio, but come on.

We ran around, grabbing another sphere with another vague video on it, and then we had to open some door. We had to disarm 3 security locks scattered around the place. Two of them were visible, the other one wasn't. I escaped a huge wall with spikes moving towards me on the way... And apparently, to find the third lock, one had to shove oneself into that wall. -_- Very intuitive, Square Enix. But yeah, eventually, I found it, and entered the secret room. Found the two halves of the sphere I had had stolen (you know, Leblanc had already found the other half). Of course, Leblanc and the other two then showed, and Leblanc even used Mighty Guard, that well-known enemy skill from Final Fantasy VII, but we beat them with relative ease, although they used a cool combo move that got one of my girls down. Then, we watched the sphere, learning the location of Vegnagun (Bevelle, of course), and agreed with Leblanc that we had common goals (dismantle it and "save" Spira again. Although I'm not so sure about this...). Leblanc then invited herself on our airship, and off to Bevelle we went...

VladoPostOctober 6, 2016, 11:47
Vlado

Administrator

Yesterday, I played for another 2 hours or so - just enough to complete Chapter 2. We stormed Bevelle in search of Vegnagun, and the Leblanc crew came along, but of course the tough work fell on us... New Yevon soldiers attacked us, shocked that the High Summoner had betrayed them... I had to dispatch them. We went to the main building, and Baralai was missing. As expected, we later found him underground, after solving a silly puzzle to open the path that way, changing the lift thing's direction, and then traversing a labyrinth with some fiends on it. I tested Rikku's special dresssphere - it's a machina kind of thing, not as powerful as Yuna's, but just as unbeatable. Oh, I also beat some boss guarding some towers in a huge and spookily empty underground city under Bevelle.

Baralai told us to stay away from Vegnagun, as it shouldn't be touched... I still don't know who's right and who is wrong here. I think that's the whole point of the game. Yuna and Rikku were almost ready to leave, but Paine refused to listen to him, and he attacked us. He was pretty fast and tough, but I used Yuna's special dresssphere and it was quickly over. Then, he ran away, I proceeded forward and found Vegnagun was missing... Bahamut appeared out of nowhere and attacked. Yuna didn't want to fight him, but Paine convinced her to, as otherwise he'd kill them... I used Rikku's special dresssphere, and the battle dragged on because this thing doesn't have very powerful attacks, but it heals easily, so I won without any trouble. Yuna almost cried for her former ally... But that was that.

Brother then called that there was trouble and urged us to return to the Celsius, which we did. Apparently, fiends have been appearing in temples all over Spira, and we'll have to go exterminate them. That's how Chapter 3 starts, and I'm apparently 1/3 done with the game. Not bad.

VladoPostOctober 8, 2016, 15:58
Vlado

Administrator

Had less than half an hour for this today, but managed to clear a mission. It was in Besaid. Shinra and Buddy came down with the girls, and Shinra tested some device that transmits image to the airship... That'll probably have significance later. Brother got hard upon seeing Yuna, as usual. Wakka had gone to fight the fiends in the temple, and some Youth League dude wanted to just burn it down and deal with the fiends immediately. We of course went in to defeat them before it came to that.

We found Wakka lying injured, and asked him to take it easy while we defeated the fiends' boss... It turned out to be Valefor, Yuna's first aeon. The fight was easy, I won without using special dresspheres. Temple saved... For now. Youth league guy also told Wakka not to risk his life, especially since he'd be a father soon. He had a point.

VladoPostOctober 12, 2016, 18:23
Vlado

Administrator

Had a little more fun with this today... One hour was enough. I went to Kilika in hopes to clear their temple, and met Dona, who informed me I couldn't even get to it because the road was blocked... But since she was concerned for Barthello (presently at the temple), without saying it outright, of course, she offered to distract one of the guards so I could slip through. I accepted that kind offer, and a mini-game ensued, which I passed on the first try. She also told me I'd have to "walk the treetops" to reach the temple, as roads were blocked by Youth League and New Yevon supporters. That turned out to be true. I tried all roads and couldn't pass, then the game automatically hopped me on a treetop, ignoring all my previous efforts to do it by pressing O. Oh, and earlier, right at the entrance of the woods, I found a neat artifact letting me use Samurai abilities regardless of the dressphere equipped. Paine equipped it... Though I didn't have Samurai dressphere yet. I could still use the first move, though. Neat!

Speaking of neat artifacts, I forgot to mention earlier that I found a Charm Bangle in Leblanc's mansion (I think)! That lets you avoid random encounters, and I sure was delighted that they gave it to you so early in the game. So no random encounters anymore, only mini-bosses and bosses. That sure makes the game more pleasant. I equipped it on Paine, too.

Once we reached the temple, there were weird blue flames, and people were scared and shit. Soldiers were firing at fiends with rifles. I stormed in and defeated several spell-wielding mini-bosses before reaching the injured Barthello. He was fine, though (of course!), and swiftly went back to Dona. They'll probably make up after this. Annoyingly, I'll have to go myself again to check whether this is true because after the mission you're immediately teleported onto the airship. Anyway, after saving Barthello, I beat a few more of the mini-bosses, actually found the Samurai sphere, and then fought Ifrit. That was, of course, a laugh - a few Blizzagas and he was out. There was another huge hole in the ground... Third one so far. We discussed that back on the airship, and Yuna concluded there must be a deeper connection. We'll see what. A distress call came from Djose temple... I had to go there next, and my Mushroom road or whatever mission was now gone... Hmm. I'll have to still go check what happens there, but that's for next time.

VladoPostOctober 18, 2016, 13:52
Vlado

Administrator

Played more last night and just now. First, I headed to the Youth League HQ, but apparently the Machine faction had appeared and handled the fiend problem. No need for Yuna and co. to interfere. However, they were worried about Nooj missing. So I headed to Djose temple and saw the Machine faction worried about Gippal missing... Apparently, all three faction leaders had gone missing. I stormed the temple and fought the aeon Ixion who showered the girls with lightning attacks. Yuna responded with some Waterga and he was promptly defeated. Another huge hole had opened up...

Yuna looked at the hole and thought she shouldn't go in, as there were secrets that were not for her to know... Then, suddenly, Ixion attacked again, and Rikku and Paine managed to fall on the sides, but Yuna was blasted into the hole. She fell and fell... Then she heard Tidus' voice calling her. As she landed in a garden down below, a beautiful cutscene ensued where Yuna was beautiful in her Songstress dress. Tidus appeared and called her Lenne, she was confused. He embraced her and expressed his disappointment with Spira and everyone still fighting, even 1000 years later. He said he'd take measures to repair that. Then Yuna "woke up," or rather, was woken by Baralai. Nooj and Gippal were also there. The latter two dropped off a couple of spheres Yuna was to deliver to Paine... Apparently, Paine and these three had been a team or something in the past. Then, some portal opened and off the three went, leaving Yuna alone. She got angry because everything was so confusing, she had no idea where she was or what was happening... She collapsed and then she woke up in the Bevelle undercity, where the Gullwings recovered her. That marked the end of Chapter 3...

Almost. Since I was told I was supposed to do something in this chapter to unlock a different ending, I decided to look it up and it turned out they were extra scenes on top of the normal ending, so I thought why not. I reloaded my save before Djose temple and headed to Guadosalam, checking on Leblanc and her friends. She was being super depressed because Nooj was missing, but then I talked to Ormi and Logos and they invited me to watch some spheres they had. We went and watched them. Tidus was there again talking about Zanarkand being invaded with one of the invaders... All of a sudden as we were done watching, old man Maechen appeared and started chatting with Yuna. He gave her hope that Tidus might not be gone forever... That's almost certainly the extra scene I'll be unlocking.

Then, I redid everything stated above, and I mashed X at the end of the Yuna being angry and confused scene, so she heard whistles and saw the shadow of Tidus running around. After the last one, a stairway of light, leading to the sky appeared, so she ran on it and after Tidus... But that's when she woke up in the Bevelle undercity.

VladoPostOctober 19, 2016, 20:13
Vlado

Administrator

Got another hour in today, and didn't fight a single battle... First, I learn that the "Tidus" I met is actually called Shuyin, and he wants to destroy Spira, and we need to stop him... Probably the Tidus from 1000 years ago? Whatever. Not a very elegant way to introduce a villain. Paine then told Yuna about her past with those three, apparently they were in some elite Yevon unit or whatever. They never saw real action because some incident destroyed most of the unit.

Then, I had to go through these Commspheres the little dude Shinra installed in various places we went to. Sadly, I missed the chance to install them everywhere, apparently, so now I can only view a few places, but they're of course enough to advance the story. In short, factions are getting nervous without their leaders, and fighting is about to break out any time now... Yuna starts thinking about what the Gullwings could do to unite people of Spira. "Make a Yuna concert?", I thought and immediately Yuna's friends suggested that, getting more enthusiastic by the second. She wasn't that keen on the idea, but quickly let herself get overcome with their feelings and went along with it.

So, we went to look for this guy Tobli who we'd briefly met before. He'd be a good choice to organise and promote the concert. Apparently, some debt collectors are chasing after him, too. We run around alongside them (no random battles because I carry that useful charm), occasionally they drop out one by one, or Tobli does some crazy stunt with scooters and shoopufs to escape. Eventually, they all give up, and we go and talk to the guy. He's quite happy with our proposal, and sends out an army of Hypellos to advertise it all over Spira. We fly them around with the airship, and they just jump off the deck when their destination has been reached.

Then, Yuna and Rikku rehearse a bit in a minigame I really couldn't understand. But I pressed some buttons and Yuna was dancing and stuff. I know I had to try to strike the same poses as Rikku, there were also some symbols on the screen that I couldn't decipher. Anyway, after that was done, it was time to call it a day. Will see the real concert tomorrow. Meanwhile, I also changed the spheres of Yuna and Rikku to Dancer and Thief, as they'd mastered Black and White Mage...

VladoPostOctober 22, 2016, 22:36
Vlado

Administrator

Gah... It seems the game is forcing me to grind. I went to the Thunder Plains and apparently some big fiend wanted to eat the spectators, so I had to defeat it before starting the concert. I went to fight it and... It's really powerful. I couldn't even manage to change to the special spheres. It kills people in one hit. This is awful. I hate grinding, such a waste of time... At least I'll build some other dresspheres up.

VladoPostOctober 25, 2016, 22:56
Vlado

Administrator

Not much to report today. Had about an hour, got the girls from level 23 to 25. I replaced the Charm Bangle with the Lure Bracer for now, which increases the random encounter rate. I circle close to the save point. Before that, I attempted to at least summon the special dressphere of Yuna, and actually succeeded this time, but she got crushed, too... The most notable thing today was actually finding a bug in the game. :) When I equipped an accessory on Paine that raised HP, and then selected Cure from the menu to fill her up, on choosing the target of Cure, the old HP was listed!

VladoPostDecember 7, 2016, 20:35
Vlado

Administrator

Quite a bit later, we're back in business! I got the girls up to level 28 and then decided to tackle that boss with 2 Warriors and White Mage Rikku. BTW, Yuna is a sexy Warrior! Sure am glad this boss forced me to put her in a role I wouldn't have attempted normally. I lost the first 3-4 tries, but it became clear that if the boss didn't target Rikku too much, I could take him. And eventually, I did. Simply attacks from Yuna and Paine, while Rikku was healing (after casting Protect in the very beginning, of course). That was it. On the first chance after the fight, I saved, and will continue soon.

VladoPostDecember 16, 2016, 21:31
Vlado

Administrator

Well, I saw the cutscenes after that boss fight yesterday. First, we had Yuna turn more Asian and prettier for the concert's FMV cutscene. And then Lenne projected herself on stage, too. It was some "sphere interference" thing, Shinra said. *rolls eyes* They sang "1000 Words" I believe was the song. Everyone in audience was in tears, Youth League and New Yevon members hugging each other and shit. Then, Maechen told us about Lenne and Tidus/Shuyin and their tragic fate... Apparently they were shot during the great war 1000 years ago. Lenna, aside from being a songstress, was also a summoner and was needed in battle. Tidus/Shuyin was in love with her and tried to save her, but to no avail. Yuna's plan is now to pass Lenne's dying message of love to him, hoping to save Spira (again) that way... Well, we'll see. We also had a feed of Gippal and Nooj, Leblanc came around to watch, but it cut off right as Nooj was about to say something about her... Is poor girl getting played?

Chapter 5 has started and the map's opened up again, and apparently Lulu's given birth! I'm heading to see what happens there next. I can also jump into a hole and go to the underworld... I'll do that after I install all commspheres everywhere. Many hotspots to visit on the overworld, anyway.

VladoPostDecember 20, 2016, 16:04
Vlado

Administrator

Did the Besaid episode today. Will try to get a little playtime at a time, but playing more often. Wakka's son is cute, as expected. Wakka was having a hard time coming up with a name, though... Beclem (the New Yevon guy overseeing the temple) was leaving and I went to see him off, he gave a sphere "from a war buddy" asking me to pass it to Wakka... Of course, it was his brother Chappu. He revealed that there was no sphere of their parents as he had previously claimed... And it was a conversation with Wakka so Wakka had already known this. WTF. Why was I made to believe there was one and I was to find it? Whatever...

Anyway, thanks to the sphere, Wakka got some self-confidence and named the kid Vidina. Not before gathering everyone from Besaid around a huge campfire. Finally, we saw Lulu expressing her love for Wakka near the campfire... It was cute, and Rikku was unsurprisingly "aww"-ing. Oh yeah, before that, I got to play some silly Gunner mini-game where Yuna runs around and shoots some beasts, getting treasure chests with ammo upon killing them. It's not that bad, but I won't be wasting time with it.

Pages: 1 2 3

Latest Posts:

The Loungeby: msgMarch 27, 2017, 14:51
What was the last movie you saw and how was it?by: msgMarch 26, 2017, 22:51
Football/Soccer Discussionby: msgMarch 26, 2017, 22:15
What are you currently playing?by: SudertumMarch 26, 2017, 10:47
Share a pictureby: Dr. EggnogMarch 25, 2017, 23:20
The Food Threadby: msgMarch 25, 2017, 11:59
Show us an interesting Youtube videoby: rockshardPhDMarch 24, 2017, 09:25
The Idiot Boxby: msgMarch 23, 2017, 22:32
rockshardPhD's gameby: rockshardPhDMarch 23, 2017, 19:38
Beautiful womenby: SudertumMarch 22, 2017, 20:48
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.179 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

msgmsg
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 10:04)
    I’d never own a pool even if rich
    msgmsg
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 10:09)
    Where are you from Cleo?
    msgmsg
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 12:34)
    Today I collected a Maserati coupe. Not a bad way to start the week
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 14:44)
    he cleo want to go 12 rounds in kick boxing match
    CleoCleo
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 15:00)
    I’m from california. no sorry ertyu no kickboxing i need to finish the tropico 3 campaign or win some moneys. lost almost $800 the other day for making bad bets lol.
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 15:09)
    ok then
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 15:11)
    what ever
    CleoCleo
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 15:12)
    do you play any pc games ertyu
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 15:22)
    no i dont just console games hows about pic of tornadoman kick boxing tornadogirl then
    CleoCleo
    (Monday, Mar 27. 2017 15:27)
    only if they’re on a tropical island

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · »
    You must be signed in to post a comment