Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together playthrough [SPOILERS]
VladoPostJuly 6, 2015, 23:05
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40
Hot topicTactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together playthrough [SPOILERS]

I managed to beat Barbas with a defensive formation, with just Canopus circling around for some long-range attacks. Barbas decided to come at me, and was swiftly punished once I had enough TP for finishing moves. He escaped quite early, once his HP dropped to 20% or so. Next battle is apparently the last in the castle, and there was a cutscene before it, where Lanselot Tartaros is telling Catiua that they should leave the castle. She says she'd had enough of flight, and runs to the side, as Denam appears. He tries to persuade her to come with him, but she says she likes it at the dark knights' side. She even fights on their side in the battle that follows.

I assumed a defensive formation again, as they had a huge terrain advantage, my units being down low, and theirs up high in this audience hall with a couple of stairways. So I just stood at the bottom of one of the stairways, where they started coming... And Lanselot is coming at the front of his units, too. I think this'll be an easy, if a bit long battle. It's incredible how much easier it is without golems on the enemy's side. Now it's just templars, Lanselot and Catiua (who's fighting exactly like she was when she was in my party... that is, staying passive in the back).

VladoPostJuly 7, 2015, 10:53
Vlado

Administrator

I beat Lanselot. Things weren't looking that great for a moment, when a bunch of my units got "bound," meaning they'd stand in place and not be able to move, and Lanselot healed and withdrew a bit to the back... But I managed to get Cerya with enough TP for Rending Gale to approach him, and both hits managed to hit, so he fell under 20% and scrammed. Catiua was now in my hands.

A conversation between Denam and her followed, in a small room... And the game was nice enough to let me save right before it, as I was once again at an important crossroads. Denam was trying to explain to Catiua how much she means to him, and once again she started whining about him abandoning her. Here's the first choice, you can say "I didn't abandon you", or "I did what I had to do". I don't know if this was lost in translation or whatever, but I picked the former option, thinking it was less selfish. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, Denam never abandoned her, she ran off. But nope, when I picked that option, Catiua got upset and eventually killed herself. Denam was devastated, and would have to leave his troops to defeat the Bakram and the dark knights, and I guess become the ruler of Valeria himself. The game just continues down a different path.

But since we had a save from the beginning of the conversation, I naturally went back and picked the other option. Another dialogue choice popped up as the conversation went on, and you also need to pick the right option there (much easier this time - it was "I love you, sister" vs. "I'm not happy we parted" or something like that). When you do, Catiua apologises for being selfish and reunites with Denam, who now wants to help her claim the throne and be an independent queen (not a puppet of the dark knights). That's the route I'm going with, naturally. Afterwards, we see a cutscene where Lanselot Tartaros meets Barbas, and tells him off, saying he's disappointed to see him alive, and that he's not worth his armour (right, buddy, it's not like you just ran away from Denam just like Barbas did, or anything). Barbas says nothing, but I assume I just might be able to recruit him somehow. That'd be cool.

Anyway, once back in Phidoch castle, Catiua (or should I say Versalia) delivers an inspiring speech to the troops, and insists on fighting on the front lines. She joins the Order of Godscale (joins my party), and our next target is Heim, where Lanselot Tartaros retreated. I also get a "Princess mark" - I can change her from Priestess to Princess, if I want. One thing that kinda sucks about that is that I can't change her back if I do - I've got no Priestess mark. And it says a Princess is like a Mage-knight (that's Rune Fencer/Valkyrie). I suppose I'll switch her to Princess, after all... This is her rightful role. And she still has access to healing spells, so she's not exactly like a Valkyrie then. Can't use Spiritsurge, but that shouldn't be such a big deal.

A side note, as I wandered around the map a bit, I found where the undead arc continues - at Quagra (or something like that) fortress. That's what I'll do before Heim. It'll get my new Princess' level up a bit, too.

VladoPostJuly 8, 2015, 13:58
Vlado

Administrator

Annoyingly, saving Catiua triggers a different battle in that fortress, so so much about that. To Heim we march. First battle on the way is in some canyon, some lame beastmaster is challenging me. He has 3 octopi who have a very annoying ability called "Poison Rain" that hits everyone in a LARGE area, wrecking my defensive formation... Until I taught my wizard a cool spell that wastes TP. Now I'm about to win the battle, but it's taking far too long because stupidly a finishing move by Canopus missed the guy. Now I'll kill just about everyone before I get to him.

VladoPostJuly 9, 2015, 11:17
Vlado

Administrator

I smacked them, and the next battle was against a party led by a samurai. Yet again, they had the high ground, and it was a very chaotic battle. I first tried a defensive formation, but they somehow came at me en masse, and kept killing my people. Didn't wanna waste Blessing Stones, so I restarted. The battle was once again going in a shitty manner, but I sent more men forward this time, and the samurai came down, and I had a few people down, but I managed to kill him. Heim is next.

VladoPostJuly 9, 2015, 23:42
Vlado

Administrator

As I entered Heim, I had to choose which wall to storm among 3. I picked the front gates because I'm badass like that. Some terror knight was leading the enemy party. They had a dragon who was insanely tough, and only one healer. I took out the healer with a finishing shot by Canopus, and was focusing on the dragon, when I noticed that the leader had decided to rush at my units. I promptly dispatched him. A cutscene folowed - Denam's uncle Brantyn was wondering how to stop Denam, when Lanselot Tartaros came to inform him that the dark knights were leaving. However, Barbas and the other dark knight I recently fought suddenly turned on their leader, and Brantyn captured him. I wonder what follows - I'll probably know after I win the next battle. There will be at least two more in Heim.

VladoPostJuly 10, 2015, 11:48
Vlado

Administrator

Next battle was interesting. A knight was leading the enemy forces, and they had a golem. He was advancing at my defensively positioned units, while the other enemy units were just standing at the back. Finally, as I started fighting the golem, they advanced, as well. Eventually, I managed to bring down the golem thanks to my trusty wizard. The knight then advanced, while a ninja and a couple of valkyries started wreaking havoc in my rearguard. I let Catiua and Donnalto go down, but I was smacking the knight in the meantime, and eventually took him out. Only wasted a Blessing and a Hallowing Stone for the fight, so I have like 10 left for what's should be the final battle in Heim, if not in the game.

Cutscene followed - Lanselot, Balxephon and another dark knight were bound with ropes, while Martym (I think) and the dark knight Canopus had conversed with earlier were mocking them. The Xenobian sword was also mentioned, as well as the vague legacy of King Dorgalua. Anyway, such division in the ranks of the dark knights was unexpected. Then, as those two left the room, Lanselot and the others just unbound themselves. Weird. I wonder if they'll fight or flee.

VladoPostJuly 10, 2015, 22:12
Vlado

Administrator

Last battle, my ass. As I entered the throne room, the dark knights who'd just betrayed Lanselot scrammed. Brantyn and a bunch of terror knights (plus a few other units) jumped to fight me instead of surrendering... Brantyn has like 1000 magic stat because he could almost one-hit kill my units with his spells... WTF! So, at the end, it was a very chaotic battle, and it was a good thing Brantyn came at me (though, really, they wouldn't have taken down so many of my units without his help). About 7-8 of my units had fallen at the end of the battle, and it was thanks to Canopus accumulating TP for a really powerful Sleeping Shot finishing move that I could drain his last 150 or so HP. To make it even more dramatic, Canopus stumbled on his first attempt (he was of course stunned by the terror knights' annoying spells). I had originally intended to leave him at less than 10% HP to see if it's possible not to kill him... But yeah, that wasn't possible. I still wonder if it's possible.

A cool cutscene followed, in which Catiua and Denam rallied the troops for a last battle "for Valeria" against the renegade dark knights who'd gone to the "Hanging Gardens"... And, as I read in the Warren Report, apparently it's an 18-floor dungeon? What?! This'll be shit... I suppose I'll have to pack at least 30 Blessing Stones. But first, I think I'll try to see if Brantyn can survive the previous battle.

VladoPostJuly 12, 2015, 12:33
Vlado

Administrator

So yesterday I redid the battle, and nothing happens if you get Brantyn down to little HP... You just have to kill him. Lame. I also checked the various dots on the map, and there's nothing interesting, so I'll sell worthless shit to buy some consumables, and I'll be heading to the final dungeon. As I left Heim, a cutscene triggered - I finally met with the holy knight Lanselot. Sadly... The torture by his namesake had taken its toll, and he seems to have been mentally scarred. He won't be rejoining me in battle... At least I got his sword, Lombardia. Which I sadly cannot use yet because my levels are too low.

VladoPostJuly 13, 2015, 11:08
Vlado

Administrator

Crafting items has a success rate... This game is quite optimistic that I won't just reload my save if an item I just spent a total of 10k on fails in the crafting process.

VladoPostJuly 13, 2015, 23:57
Vlado

Administrator

So, about those Hanging Gardens... Not happening, at least for now. There was some asshole on the first team of templars that I could only do single-digit damage to, barring special moves... Sword could barely do double digits, Denam, the archers and wizard could only do single. That was awful. I'll need to do some of these additional battles available. I went to Quadriga fortress, and beat some gun (they're called "fusils" in this game) user. The battle was to be hard - he had 2 dragons and 3 golems on his team! But the fool ran at my troops, instead of sitting safely at the top where he started the battle (why isn't Denam's team on top, and the opposition at the bottom once for a change?). I took him down with a couple of Dark Weight (had to look this up) shots, which I'd conveniently just accumulated the TP to use.

Cool news is, after I left and returned to the fortress, the undead battle triggered! Might be able to do this arc, after all. :)

VladoPostJuly 14, 2015, 11:56
Vlado

Administrator

The arc continues with full force. After beating these undead losers, I went to Golyat and saw a horrendous scene. Nybeth the Necromancer had just brought his wife and daughter back to life as zombies, and was intending to do so with his other, still living daughter, too. He ordered one of the zombies to kill her, and she was struck down. Denam and his crew appeared, and Nybeth summoned zombie Vyce, too... Fortunately, the daughter is not dead yet, 3 turns to resurrect her. And I did... But sadly she wanted to remain on the battlefield, instead of scramming via a Shifting Stone. And if she goes down a second time, she dies. The objective is to kill Nybeth, but this'll be the main challenge of this battle - to manage to keep his daughter alive. I'm bringing Denam, Canopus, and a couple of healer-warriors (a Valkyrie and a Dark Knight) towards her. It might take a couple more tries, but I think it's doable.

VladoPostJuly 15, 2015, 11:34
Vlado

Administrator

This'll be tough... I've had to restart this battle like 5 times already. Once, I managed to resurrect the girl and heal her to almost full health... Then I got Nybeth to low health, and... he turned into a crow and left again, leaving me with the "Vanquish the enemy!" condition instead! I have to kill all these annoying zombies now...

I hadn't left strong people in my rearguard on that particular occasion, and the assholes took out all my mages. Now that I know the condition will change, I am leaving a few fighters at the back to deal with the zombies, while Canopus, Denam, Cistina (a healer valkyrie now) and Gildas are rushing forward to resurrect, heal and then protect the girl. But this battle will take some luck and patience...

VladoPostJuly 17, 2015, 10:50
Vlado

Administrator

Whew... This battle is a freaking marathon. Before trying again, I made some weapons that do higher damage against undead, phantoms and such. I took out Nybeth and all the characters he'd brought back as zombies, but there are still the other abominations to deal with... Plus 6 (SIX) more that one of the necromancers summoned as the battle was going on!!! Good thing the chick I saved reminded me I can petrify people, which buys me some time to get on my feet. But I've already wasted all the Mend Leaf+2s, and all the Blessing Stones... Even 2 Hallowing Stones. Things are looking winnable at the moment, but I'm not sure if I won't have to eventually redo yet again. Financially, this battle has brought me utter ruin.

Busted the GreatPostJuly 17, 2015, 11:43
Busted the Great

Solidus Snake
May 26, 2015, 07:52

I forgot there was an 18 floor dungeon at the end. This game sure does love just throwing a bunch of boring filler battles into the mix. I am glad you have stayed away from Hell's Gate. It is aptly named.

VladoPostJuly 18, 2015, 22:50
Vlado

Administrator

This freaking battle... I had it won, but then some ass unpetrified and killed the girl in one hit. I was really upset. Then I redid it like 3 more times until I won... By the end, I'd learned every single opening move by heart. It's very important you start the battle in a precise manner so that your forces are accurately distributed among the different front lines. Redoing it saved me a few Blessing and Hallowing stones, at least. Anyway... Cressida, the chick I saved, didn't even join me afterwards, despite the winning screen showing her as part of my party in such a satisfying way... Denam talked to her afterwards and asked her to join him and help stop Nybeth, but she refused. Apparently, I needed to have been better towards the Galgastani for her to join me... Whatever. At least I got many oberyths out of this battle and should be a bit better off financially.

VladoPostJuly 20, 2015, 11:41
Vlado

Administrator

So it looks like the arc is finished with that... What? At least there are no further lines in the story chart. Maybe it would have continued if I had had enough favour with Galgastan for Cressida to join me?

Anyway, I'm still too weak to tackle the last dungeon, so I'll fool around and do side quests some more. I decided to head to Grimsby, and there are some creatures I must fight on the beach first - some weird-looking medusa-like things, octopi, lizards, and vartans. I don't do much damage and it'll be a tough battle - I'll try to use as little resources as possible.

VladoPostJuly 21, 2015, 11:02
Vlado

Administrator

That didn't work out... (But I'll retry it because Grimsby's description looks interesting, I gotta check it out.) Then I tried to beat a Lich in another fortress, but the ass had that awful Acid Rain attack and smashed Denam and Canopus whom I'd sent forward to take him out. Then I went and beat a Galgastani samurai who was hiding in another fortress on the Western edge of the map... He made it too easy by coming at my people. In theory, this should start an arc, I see a line extending from the battle on the story map. Then I decided to head towards the Palace of the Dead, and on the first dot on the way, I'm in a frozen forest and gotta defeat a bunch of dragons and others. So far, it's not going too badly, but it's far from won still.

VladoPostJuly 22, 2015, 11:10
Vlado

Administrator

So, I won that battle at the expense of one Blessing Stone because I just couldn't get my healers to Denam in time to resurrect him. Then I fought a party led by... a sibyl. Quickly nailed her with an arrow or two by Canopus and I think I finished her with Denam's double attack. Some necromancer entered into the picture and kidnapped some beastmaster girl. I gave chase and had a weird battle in a fortress against some skeletons... They were easy to deal with, but the weird part is there were also zombified villagers on the battlefield. I didn't hit them at all and the battle ended as I brought all skeletons down. If there's an item or spell to remove zombie status, I don't have it...

Finally, I entered the fortress and the girl and her dragon fought against the necromancer. Beforehand, he tried to convince her to fight me, as I was a slayer of Galgastani and all that (she's Galgastani), and she said she'd kill us both. No chance for that, of course. I defeated the necromancer and had a chat with her. Naturally, she refused to join me, and was angry at me. Oh well.

VladoPostJuly 23, 2015, 11:34
Vlado

Administrator

So, I marched on to the Palace of the Dead, and the next battle is against an annoying army of forest creatures, including 3 dragons... I won the battle, but only at the expense of all my Blessing and even Hallowing stones... Suffice to say, I'm loading my previous save. I did take a peak at the Palace of the Dead beforehand, though. Gotta defeat some Bakram sorceress first... And then pass who knows how many floors of the dungeon before reaching whatever treasure it holds... Pass.

VladoPostJuly 24, 2015, 12:35
Vlado

Administrator

I'm quite bummed out about this game now - and it was going so great, too! The story was practically concluded as I defeated Brantyn, and the main Lodis forces withdrrew from Valeria... Why do I have to hunt these worthless dark knight renegades in an endless dungeon just to see the credits? I'll have to grind a lot, too. I beat some bandit dude in a fortress in the meantime, but the "side quest" battles I can win have been getting less and less. I think I'll be forced to fight random battles to level up now...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Latest Posts:

Last game you beatby: VladoAugust 5, 2022, 09:50
What are you currently playing?by: ertyu1978August 29, 2021, 23:13
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.182 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

VladoVlado
    (Thursday, Jul 7. 2022 11:37)
    OK then.
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Jul 11. 2022 00:45)
    Yes braves win Mets lose
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jul 16. 2022 05:02)
    Videos up leaves fuck you gamefags see you in 2023
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Jul 18. 2022 01:03)
    I’m playing crash bandicoot 4 it’s about time
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Jul 18. 2022 11:13)
    Ertyu show video up
    ertyu1978
    (Tuesday, Jul 19. 2022 05:42)
    Thow maybe there won’t be a 2023 case end of the world is coming soon it’s got to end sometime world can’t go on for ever anyways
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, Jul 21. 2022 01:30)
    Dam it Hudson al most busted 4 by taking my hard drive off of it I want to fucking kill him
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, Jul 21. 2022 01:31)
    PlayStation 4
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jul 23. 2022 06:11)
    Braves winning mets lost 1 1/2 out of first place
    ertyu1978
    (Sunday, Jul 24. 2022 00:49)
    Videos up lol Mets going to lose first place again just like last year
    ertyu1978
    (Sunday, Jul 24. 2022 05:21)
    Lol Mets lost first place go braves