Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together playthrough [SPOILERS]
VladoPostJune 1, 2015, 22:34
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40
Hot topicTactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together playthrough [SPOILERS]

I won that battle, though I survived a slight scare, as my enchantress was on her last turn before dying and I still hadn't killed the enemy leader. I'd run out of Blessing Stones (reviving item), and would've had to restart the battle if she'd died. But I killed him just in time. Ninja Denam jumped to level 5 ninja immediately - only 2 more and I'll be able to wield a katana and use Ninjutsu spells. Oh, I rescued some knight from the Bakram resistance or whatever, and joined forces with him - I'll do him a favour and help him rescue some friends from pirates. In exchange, he'll transport me via ship to my next destination.

VladoPostJune 3, 2015, 11:04
Vlado

Administrator

So, I beat those pirates... And then the knight and his friend, a wizard, asked me to help them free their friend Cistina - a woman I'd already saved once. Denam's sister Catiua was firmly against it, but Denam realises that, in order the unite Valeria once again, he must win the favour of other clans, too. We joined them and fought a band led by the chief pirate's wife... We defeated her, of course. And as she was dying, she uttered her husband's name, saying that his wife and child were joining him. Way to put it on my conscience that I'd just killed a pregnant woman. :( Denam is now level 7 ninja, almost 8 even. I know a Ninjutsu spell, but apparently it requires some item to use... I'm low on cash, and should probably sell some old junk I no longer use. Also, as soon as pirates and stuff got involved in the story, a small, but exciting hope was born within me - what if Tactics Ogre also featured tactical ship battles, kinda like Uncharted Waters: New Horizons?! That would be so rad! Sadly, no such luck. The ship was only featured in a couple of cutscenes, and the battles with the pirates were all on land. Such lost potential.

VladoPostJune 3, 2015, 23:39
Vlado

Administrator

On my way to finally meet with Lanselot, I beat some mage in Golyat. That was such a cakewalk - he died in 3 hits, I think. Of course, the game wanted to make me feel guilty some more, as his dying words were that he needed the prize money on Denam's head so he could help his daughter... Also, those Oberyth coins I keep getting in battles... Figured I should be selling them! Doesn't seem like I'll be lacking money as much as I have been so far.

VladoPostJune 4, 2015, 14:08
Vlado

Administrator

Today, I talked to the leader of the Liberation Front (Bakram faction that Cistina belonged to). She revealed her plans to kill the Walister Duke, then eliminate the Knights of Lodis, and that would somehow bring peace to Valeria... I wasn't too convinced. Then I persuaded Cistina to join me, and her friends the knight and the wizard came along! A rune fencer, the enchantress, and a healer are out of my team now to accomodate them. Meanwhile, the Galgastani Hierophant was guillotined and Duke Ronwey explained how he would bring prosperity to Walister and Galgastani alike in his place (right...). Then, I beat the Xapan mercenary dude again... It was an interesting battle because there was only a small path for my units to go through, and it quickly became a clusterfuck with both my and the enemy forces clogging it. Thanks to long-range units - Arycelle and the wizards, I managed to bring him down. And suddenly, something happened, black knights began sacking the town.

VladoPostJune 5, 2015, 11:47
Vlado

Administrator

It was the Knights of Lodis... Apparently with the death of Balbatos, the Galgastani Hierophant, they decided to disregard their truce with the Walister. Lanselot and his Xenobian friends defended the city, but were mostly overwhelmed. In the commotion, Xapan managed to kidnap Catiua, Denam's sister, and took her to Almorica. We gave chase. Once there, a battle began with Xapan and an old wizard who was convinced we were the Balmamusa butchers... Abuna Donnalto and Arycelle tried to talk some sense to him, but he wouldn't listen. I smashed Xapan, but the ass teleported away again. Now I have to beat the wizard, too, in order to end the battle. Bought a couple of katanas for Denam, though he needs another level to use them. After this battle, I'll be able to use Double Attack with him, that should be great! The only slight worry I have is Canopus, who the enemy is focused on. I'm healing him, though. Hopefully the fact that I reduced the number of healers to just Donnalto isn't decisive.

Busted the GreatPostJune 5, 2015, 12:55
Busted the Great

Solidus Snake
May 26, 2015, 07:52

You should probably just put that there are spoilers in the title of the thread, and then post normally. All these spoilers seem exhausting. Also, makes the thread impossible to read on a phone.

VladoPostJune 5, 2015, 18:04
Vlado

Administrator

Good point! I'll fix that later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the hint.

VladoPostJune 6, 2015, 00:05
Vlado

Administrator

I actually got a couple of Game Overs... But eventually won the battle, and learned that the mage is actually a woman (doesn't look much like one...). Her Petrify spell was nasty and prevented me from winning the first two times. And then... A battle where I must fight with only Denam... Memories of Wiegraf surface. And I watch a cutscene, where Vyce kills Xapan. I'll have to defeat Vyce... I am hyped, as I'd just equipped Denam with the two katanas and Double Strike... And then, to my horror, I see that each strike does a measly 5 damage! Vyce's hits do 60+. Vyce has unbelievably high defence somehow. This battle is unwinnable... Was I wrong to develop Denam as a Ninja? Should I have kept him as Warrior? I don't know... It doesn't look like he would've been strong enough to do real damage either way.

VladoPostJune 9, 2015, 00:05
Vlado

Administrator

Fought 2 random battles in order to get enough points for Field Alchemy II for Denam... Random battles are embarrassingly easy, they never got close to taking down even one of my units.

VladoPostJune 9, 2015, 11:22
Vlado

Administrator

Tried my luck against Vyce with 14 Mend Leaf +3s. He blocks my attacks a lot when I'm a Rune Fencer, which is annoying. Maybe it's better to be Ninja with Double Strike... I can move away from him and heal safely more easily that way. The problem is, he also uses Mend Leaves. So I'm not sure if my 1400 extra HP will be enough... Will try again after work.

VladoPostJune 10, 2015, 00:10
Vlado

Administrator

We were both level 11! But he had learned so much super useful stuff - Parry, Counterattack II, Heart Crush (I still haven't learned any finishing moves, and those are overpowered as hell).

After a few tries, I thought I hadn't taken enough healing items along, but I somehow managed to beat him... Well, more like get him down to like 80 health, at which point Sir Leonar walked in and told the children to stop fighting. He then tried to persuade Denam to come back in the Duke's ranks... And that was another story crossroad. Naturally, I refused - it'd make little sense to go back at this point. Leonar just let me have my sisters and go, saying they needed me to reach this conclusion myself. Then, Chapter 3 started with a little intro movie... And it said that the Duke had placed a reward on my head and I was hiding at that port town... It was like they reused this part of the previous chapter intro movie! If the Duke really wanted me dead so much, why would Leonar let me go. This didn't make much sense, so I think it must be just a hiccup due to the branching paths. And then Denam had disagreements with his sister again (who's apparently just not quite as pure-hearted as him), and then some headhunter attacked me again. Time for another battle.

VladoPostJune 10, 2015, 10:42
Vlado

Administrator

I won the battle with utmost ease. The berserker in charge of the enemy group just came at my guys and got smashed. Delicious 100+ damage with ninja Denam in a single turn with Double Attack.

VladoPostJune 10, 2015, 21:45
Vlado

Administrator

I won another battle in some swamp - the Walister attacked me this time. Their leader was a knight and almost as tough as Vyce - I only managed to do little damage against him... But fighting with 10 people is quite different than fighting with one, and I won eventually.

VladoPostJune 11, 2015, 14:44
Vlado

Administrator

I won the next battle, too - at Coritanae Keep, currently occupied by Galgastani loyalists. I still have no idea why I'm fighting there, but I guess we'll find out soon... Meanwhile, I learned that you could check the current loyalty of your units, and Nikolina is apparently a bit upset with Denam at the moment... Would suck if she deserted.

VladoPostJune 12, 2015, 00:18
Vlado

Administrator

I actually lost once - well, a unit of mine was about to die, so I restarted. Not a very good idea to rush in this battle - the enemy leader is a really tough knights that would take plenty of hits to go down. So I'll be more defensive, picking the enemies off one by one, until the path to the leader is clear.

VladoPostJune 12, 2015, 10:29
Vlado

Administrator

So I managed to win... Albeit after wasting another try. This guy's high HP and incredibly high defence AND magic defence were extremely annoying. I only managed to do it on the last turn possible and after wasting all my Blessing Stones. >_< The enemy leader, Xaebos or something like that, escaped. As I had suspected, Denam then kind of took the castle as his HQ or something, at least the next cutscene looked that way. But he was on the road soon enough. Talked to Catiua, who was being bitchy again, and had a choice to tell her that she's being selfish, or ask her if she wanted to leave me. I told her she was being selfish because she was, and she up and left. -_- Not before telling me that we had actually been adopted. Something I'd already spoiled myself on a couple of weeks ago when I was checking the correct spelling of "Oberynth". Oops.

I suppose I'll redo this annoying battle to see what happens if I pick the other option during the conversation... I bet the same shit happens.

VladoPostJune 13, 2015, 00:58
Vlado

Administrator

I redid it and, after another victory that was too close to being a disaster, surprise, surprise... Nothing changes. Then I spent a long while customising my party - I hadn't taught Heal II to my knight yet... And the other knight didn't even know Heal! I've filled those holes now. Should be easier to not have people drop like flies with just one dedicated healer (Donnalto) now. Next battle will apparently be against undead enemies.

VladoPostJune 13, 2015, 15:45
Vlado

Administrator

I won that battle easily, the woman in charge of the enemies (apparently the mother of someone I'd already killed a long time ago - and the wife of Nybeth, the necromancer I'd crossed paths with earlier, and undoubtedly will again) decided to come at me instead of letting the skeletons do her bidding... Since her defence was low, I dispatched her with a few hits.

Then, the next battle was against a strong group led by Hektor, a Galgastani knight. He was apparently the husband of the girl I'd killed much earlier... He had a couple of dragons in the group, and they're freaking tough... Really messed up my plans with their high defence. A couple of my units died, but I decided to see what'd happen when I inevitably won. Turns out those three hearts in the unit information screen mean they actually have 3 lives before they're really dead. What? This is making the game too easy. It wasn't like that in FFT.

Heh, apparently, in the original, there weren't such pleasantries. I think I'll try to beat the game without losing a "heart." This means I'll retry this battle, but it'll be quite tough to pull off. Donnalto is close to learning Resurrection, which will make me not rely on those freaking Blessing Stones so much, which'll be nice.

VladoPostJune 15, 2015, 15:00
Vlado

Administrator

So, I redid the battle, and won brilliantly by using a super defensive formation - basically, I had the wizards and healer in the back and the rest around them. We waited for the enemies to come. Their leader was silly enough to charge at us, and was soon surrounded by Denam and the two knights, Canopus also nearby to shoot arrows at him. After many hits, he went down. They barely managed to bring 1 unit of mine down at the very end.

Then, I stormed Brathys castle (or something like that), and had a choice between attacking the northern or southern wall. Chose the southern, and had to battle a group led by a mage. The initial unit positions were extremely unfavourable for me - the enemies up high and my units down low... Fortunately, I have Canopus who can fly, and take a few hits. :) So I sent him near the mage and, after 3-4 arrows, down he went. What a breeze!

In the cutscene after, Nybeth and his daughter escaped. I'll have to beat Xaebos again (who seems all but certain of his doom - Denam's infamy as a warrior keeps growing), and this castle will be mine, too... I feel the Duke's men will soon be coming after me, though...

VladoPostJune 16, 2015, 12:37
Vlado

Administrator

So, I'm facing Xaebos and his team in Brigantys castle's big audience hall... How posh! But augh, this battle is too tough. I tried two different types of tactics, and both failed. The all-defensive formation never stood a chance because the damn healers in the enemy party kept healing Xaebos, and then I tried a flank approach with Denam, Arycelle and Canopus aiming to kill the healers first (the rest staying in the back), which also didn't work mostly because these asses kept pulling criticals on them and took them all down. I think I'll try a two-flank approach next with either Denam or Canopus acting by himself, and Arycelle supporting the other.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Latest Posts:

Last game you beatby: VladoAugust 5, 2022, 09:50
What are you currently playing?by: ertyu1978August 29, 2021, 23:13
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.091 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

VladoVlado
    (Thursday, Jul 7. 2022 11:37)
    OK then.
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Jul 11. 2022 00:45)
    Yes braves win Mets lose
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jul 16. 2022 05:02)
    Videos up leaves fuck you gamefags see you in 2023
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Jul 18. 2022 01:03)
    I’m playing crash bandicoot 4 it’s about time
    ertyu1978
    (Monday, Jul 18. 2022 11:13)
    Ertyu show video up
    ertyu1978
    (Tuesday, Jul 19. 2022 05:42)
    Thow maybe there won’t be a 2023 case end of the world is coming soon it’s got to end sometime world can’t go on for ever anyways
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, Jul 21. 2022 01:30)
    Dam it Hudson al most busted 4 by taking my hard drive off of it I want to fucking kill him
    ertyu1978
    (Thursday, Jul 21. 2022 01:31)
    PlayStation 4
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Jul 23. 2022 06:11)
    Braves winning mets lost 1 1/2 out of first place
    ertyu1978
    (Sunday, Jul 24. 2022 00:49)
    Videos up lol Mets going to lose first place again just like last year
    ertyu1978
    (Sunday, Jul 24. 2022 05:21)
    Lol Mets lost first place go braves