Welcome Guest

Pages: 1 2
Deus Ex was right! [SPOILERS]
VladoPostSeptember 14, 2017, 16:30
Vlado

Administrator
March 12, 2013, 21:40
Normal topicDeus Ex was right! [SPOILERS]

I had to climb high in a crane and then go through the ventilation system where several annoying electricity-shooting spider bots were expecting me... Not to mention the huge rotating fan blades which would cut me in half while I was climbing down the ladder if not careful enough... I managed to get through, and found myself on the ship, with sailors strolling around the corridors. They were only armed with handguns, but I thought I'd avoid fighting them completely. Browsing the cabins, I eventually came across an Ambrosia vial and picked it up for Dowd. I was quite hesitant about whether saving him was a good idea... After all, Majestic-12 all but destroyed The Illuminati, and if I helped whatever was left of the latter, they could rise up to enslave humanity again. I couldn't make up my mind, and eventually, I read that the guy actually survives whether you give him the vial or not... Anyway, that comes later.

There were also more heavily armed guards on the ship, eventually I learned they were the Chinese military... It was a Chiense ship. They weren't aware what they were carrying, of course, they were fed the Simons version that it was "pesticide." I made my way to the lower decks, and had to destroy 5 critical points there. The first one was right in the engine room where I first entered, it was practically impossible to blow it up without soldiers immediately discovering me, so I had to run away from them, taking some fire, but not much. Then, I went through a corridor, and eventually found some engineer trying to fix electrical problems. I went in and fixed them for him, conveniently also clearing my path towards other points I needed to blow up.

Eventually, after some more hacking computers, knocking out Chinese soldiers and blowing up critical spots (oh, and I was told I'd be going to Paris next by Daedalus), I had to go back to the engine room where the last spot was, apparently hidden... Two more soldiers were standing motionless, just looking at opposite walls, with their backs towards one another. I snuck behind and zapped each with the riot prod, then blew up the last spot which was not visible, but it was marked on the map - it was behind some big boiler thing. And the ship immediately started shaking heavily, I had to make my escape promptly and head to Jock.

I managed to leave the ship and make my way back to the ventilation system... I'd have to go back to the roof where Jock was expecting me. Had to waste all my EMP grenades and LAMs to take care of the annoying spider bots, and then had to reload many times before lucking out climbing the ladder without the fan slicing me. But finally, I was on the helicopter, and Jock took me to Dowd. His place was in a cemetery... A family one or something. I played grave robber for a bit - some of the stone caskets even had tunnel entrances and long tunnels stretching to the outside reaches of the place. Then, I went back to Dowd and was about to talk to him, but I think I should be consistent and refuse to give him the Ambrosia... This decision will be made next time.

VladoPostSeptember 21, 2017, 15:04
Vlado

Administrator

I played 2 days ago, only now finding some time to post the update. I went to Dowd and decided to throw away the vial of Ambrosia, not giving it to him. Can't allow the Illuminate to respawn after I inevitably destroy the Majestic-12. Only a few seconds after, in my conversation, I'd be proven right - this Everett guy I was to meet in Paris was actually the one who developed the Grey Death virus! Of course, it was only for shit and giggles first, it was the real bad guy, Bob Page, who actually made it into a weapon, says Dowd! Whatever you say, mister. Your group should not have been toying around with something so dangerous in the first place!

Apparently, Bob Page was Everett's student before the split. Whatever. I'm taking all of these god-complex factions out. Hilariously, Dowd also said that the only secret of the Illuminati was a special meditation technique... Apparently people I happen to work for during the course of this game like to take me for an idiot.

Anyway, after running past some MJ-12 troops that stormed the cemetery (the doorman who let me in was apparently one of them...) and destroying a machine that was jamming its signals, I hopped on Jock's helicopter and went to Paris. I entered some catacombs and ran across an old lady lamenting the loss of her friends to those GMO VersaLife monsters, some of whom had apparently made the catacombs their home... I had to go through that passage, anyway, so I took a secondary mission to kill them and headed that way, only to get into a place with terrible radiation. Fortunately, a HazMat suit was conveniently placed near the entrance. Using it, I was able to run through that spot using only 1-2 medkits as opposed to 4-5.

Then, I killed off the GMO lizards, but I sure as hell wasn't wasting any more first aid kits just to run back to the lady and inform her they were dead... (Well, to be honest, on a separate file, I did, just to see what would happen, and found out the friends she was lamenting were her cats! lol, this game has a sense of humour. JC doesn't even flinch and continues the conversation with 100% seriousness, too, dropping a timeless one-liner at the end) Then, I headed through a metro station and took out a few MJ-12 guards (in Paris, they operate in the open), which also doubled as a favour which made an arms dealer reduce his prices... Not that I was buying anything. This will continue next time.

VladoPostSeptember 25, 2017, 16:02
Vlado

Administrator

Played again on Saturday. I left the metro station wandered around for another minute, finding the entrance to the catacombs, where I'd find Silhouette, the French anti-globalist group. As soon as I entered, though, Tong informed me that MJ-12 had laid a siege on the Silhouette base... Great. There were lots of human skulls and bones laying around... Would probably be a bit creepy if we weren't talking 2000 graphics. I went around some MJ-12 soldiers and commandos, and eventually found the base... The group was even more ragtag than I expected, there were 2 guys, 2 women, and a kid, with some black guy named Chad as their leader. "Skeleton crew," as JC put it, was too generous. I barely managed to stop one man and one woman from going out and getting themselves killed by a commando. I kept closing the secret door to the base as he kept opening it... Somehow, they killed him at the end.

Chad told me to go save a couple of Silhouette members that MJ-12 had taken hostage in a bunker nearby in the tunnels. One of them was the kid, Pierre's mother, too. In exchange, he'd let me know where I could find Nicolette DuClare, whom I needed to contact to carry on with my main mission. I agreed, and set out again. I passed by an empty bunker some bum had occupied... The guy generously offered to sell me some First Aid kits and poison darts.

Eventually, I made it into the MJ-12 bunker, which had quite a few soldiers and commandos patrolling... Fortunately, there was a waterway going through the place, so I swam in and was able to survey the surroundings without being discovered. Eventually, I came out at the other end, where a lone female agent was standing. I attacked and neutralised her before she could trigger the alarm, hacked the nearby computer to disable the camera near the jail cell's entrance, and then quietly approached and took out the normal guards standing there (commandos were patrolling). I entered and freed the two hostages, but the commandos quickly killed them as they went outside... I'd have to try another approach.

I reloaded the save and decided to take out the commandos first. However, I didn't know how to take them down without killing them. They could take too many hits with non-lethal weapons... While I was trying to find out how much HP they have on the internet, I came across the info that the prod could actually take them down in a single hit if attacked from behind... Well, that's cool. Otherwise, I would've had to let those two get killed. It wouldn't have hindered my bigger mission, but better to save them... Thus, I took the commandos out after carefully tailing them, and ran away, accompanying the two former prisoners.

We made it safely into the Silhouette base, and Chad told me I'd find Nicolette in a bar nearby. Thanks! Chad warned me that Nicolette would probably have her own agenda once the fighting is over... I would know! The Illuminati cannot be trusted. They're only using me to get rid of the splinter group, after which they'll try to take control back. Chad then went on an interesting tirade about the state of the world, government surveillance with terrorism as the excuse, and the war being fought over the very meaning of words... Another insightful prediction by this game - keep in mind that Deus Ex even came out before September 11th.

VladoPostOctober 4, 2017, 21:33
Vlado

Administrator

I only played for an hour or so on Monday, but man, was it a cool play session. First, I overheard a couple of MJ-12 talking about how Gunther was out to get me again... I wonder if I'll actually fight him or the game will just keep teasing me that he's hot on my trail... Then again, who will take him out if not me. Then, dodging hostiles, I came across some chef behind a cafe... He thought I was looking to take his job. I entered the cafe, and talked to the owner, who happened to be wearing the same Chinese garb as the Hong Kong mama who offered me her girls... Not many character models made in this game, eh? Turned out the lady was pretty versed regarding politics, too, connecting Majestic 12 to the European Union immediately. She was wary of the plot to destroy Europe, and I let her know that sadly it wasn't just Europe these globalists had their sights on...

Then, I talked to a family who were discussing their son, apparently now a soldier for MJ-12... He had to make a living somehow, said the mother, but the father said he'd rather have him die with them than work for an organisation like that. He even gave me the login/password to a computer of theirs that he'd found on a card in his son's wallet... He's a hero. Eventually, after finding out that I was MJ-12's enemy, the mother just begged me not to kill him. Don't worry, ma'am, I don't kill these grunts.

Finally, I made my way to the club where I was supposed to find Nicolette DuClare... Had to pay 300 credits to get in... Of course, breaking in was also an option, but I like to be civil. I talked to a cute dancer dressed like a nurse, and, after charging 20 credits for each, she let me know a few side things, but nothing about Nicolette... She's actually an aspiring writer, working in the club twice a week so she can write in the other 5... Clever. She then asked me if I wanted to put in 10 credits for her future books... Instead of the game giving me a choice to accept or refuse, JC simply said that he's not much into books... That's cold, man!

Then, some chick asked for 200 credits to give me a code to a saferoom... And it turned out to be a great deal, as I found a bunch of stuff inside, including some tranquilizer darts. I'd run out of them. Then, I talked to some black barman... And he showed some perceptive skills, saying the French president was really just a hostage for MJ-12 who were running around unhinged. Well, he didn't know who they were, just that they weren't French. Then, I talked to a couple of chicks who were discussing Silhouette's fate... I assured them Chad was still alive. They refused to give me info about Nicolette, though... Despite knowing her. They said she didn't want to be found. And then, bam, they had a deep conversation about the value of man in the current world. One of them, the blonde, was a cutie, too. Well, as cute as a 2000 polygon model could be. She was the one with the more moral view on humanity, too.

Finally, I found some chick sitting by herself in the corner on the second floor. She told me that she'd tell Nicolette to meet me outside behind the bar... But it was pretty clear already that she herself was Nicolette. When going out of the bar, the guy at the reception asked me about the nurse, acting all protective... Apparently, he's into her. Neat little detail adding to the game.

I went out and entered the nearby hotel, at the bar, another interesting conversation with a black bartender was expecting me... Apparently, he was happy that MJ-12 were "maintaining order." He mocked me mercilessly when I talked about their conspiracy, when I named them, he was like "Good, I thought you were going to tell me about The Illuminati." I said that they splintered off The Illuminati and the guy, in his most sarcastic tone possible, said "Oh... I see." It was quite funny. Then, finally, I met that girl again, and JC asked whether Nicolette decided not to show... Don't be so dim, JC. She, of course, said she was Nicolette. Conveniently, Jock was also there, waiting to take us to the DuClare chateau, where we'd look for clues on how to find Everett (and no doubt, MJ-12 would be waiting for us). And so, we took off.

VladoPostOctober 6, 2017, 13:05
Vlado

Administrator

Played some more and, surprisingly, the DuClare chateau was all empty, no MJ-12 waiting to kill me. I could roam around and loot at will. The goal was to find Beth's secret computer room. Before going in, I talked to Nicolette, who told me about her mum's work for The Illuminati and her chats with Everett... She flat out said that if she'd been successful, it'd have been The Illuminati we'd be fighting now instead of Majestic 12. That's what I think, too, so I will show no mercy for either. Nicolette apparently delivered money from her mum to Silhouette. They were being used by The Illuminati to have some resistance active against MJ-12. I came across a very interesting interview with Majestic 12's leader Bob Page, too...

Eventually, I found the keys for Beth and Nicolette's rooms hidden behind vases on the second floor... OK then. I entered Beth's room to find a storage behind her favourite painting, and the key to the wine cellar below was there... No doubt it'd eventually lead me to the computer room... And it did. After going through some sewers connected to the cellar and breaking some wooden blockages, I made it into the room and sent a signal to Everett, who immediately contacted me on the radio.

Next, I'd have to head to a Kinghts Templar cathedral that had recently been taken over by MJ-12... Nicolette revealed that Templars were actually the ones behind the banking system... Heh. Should this mean that they are not connected/part of The Illuminati? Hardly. Nicolette said she'd stay behind to go through some of her mother's things. I went ahead through a maze, knocked out one of the two MJ-12 commandos guarding the entrance (my only confrontation today), and went into a sewer system connecting to the Cathedral. Everett wants me to steal some gold from it for him. Well, I'd prevent MJ-12 from stealing it themselves if I did... Neither party deserves it.

VladoPostOctober 11, 2017, 15:41
Vlado

Administrator

Not much to share from my last play session. I had to sneak into the Templar Cathedral, which was of course swarming with Majestic 12 troops... Regular soldiers, commandos, and a lot of bots patrolling the area. After a few tries, I finally managed to go up some fence and onto the building, after which I took out one or two regular MJ-12 soldiers and entered inside. I then climbed down, first locating the gold, and then reloading my save and avoiding that room so that Everett does not get his dirty hands on it. Better that it stays with Majestic 12, an organisation I'll inevitably topple soon enough, anyway.

I then went down a bit more and met a chef who nicely gave me instructions to the computer room of the place. I followed them and hacked my way inside a gigantic stone door, then ran down another flight of stairs, where the computer was expecting me... Along with good old Gunther Hermann, who had mocked me on the radio a couple of times on the way here, and was waiting in ambush and struck a fun conversation immediately as I approached the computer.

A battle ensued, and after Gunther burning me to death with the flamethrower he's equipped with a few times, I found out that you can defeat him without killing him by taking his health down to a certain point, after which he runs away. Will I regret this later when I have to fight him again? We'll see... But it feels nice not to destroy the poor roboguy, as dumb as his affection to that evil bitch Navarre is. I soon found out it was Walton Simons who was repeatedly stoking the flames of his hatred towards me, so maybe he's not that bad, deep inside.

Next, I need to escape the place and make my way to meet Everett personally... That'll be left for another play session.

Pages: 1 2

Latest Posts:

Deus Ex was right! [SPOILERS]by: VladoOctober 11, 2017, 15:41
Gaming News by: VladoSeptember 29, 2017, 12:22
Mingle Forum by Cartpauj | Version: 1.1.0beta | Page loaded in: 0.081 seconds.
  • RSS Shootbox

VladoVlado
    (Friday, Oct 20. 2017 20:06)
    Alright, done.
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Oct 20. 2017 21:43)
    ok then ill lets you know when up its here after i bet wolfenstien or mass effect for game 1069 plus yankeess better lose tonight
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Oct 20. 2017 21:51)
    oh my god its kane
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Oct 20. 2017 23:27)
    ok i made up to mission 10 of the wolfinstein game
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Oct 20. 2017 23:43)
    contest what contest
    ertyu1978
    (Friday, Oct 20. 2017 23:45)
    case we dont need to see them yankeess in the world series like we dont need to see the patriots in another superbowl
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Oct 21. 2017 01:35)
    Dodgers vs yankeess world series well suck
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Oct 21. 2017 02:49)
    lol south park videogame
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Oct 21. 2017 03:17)
    i am champion of love and justicei am sailor moon in the name of the moon ill punshie you
    ertyu1978
    (Saturday, Oct 21. 2017 04:47)
    yes astors win fuck you yankeess lose game 7 see ya tomrrow night go to L to face dodgers screw you swift

1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · »
    You must be signed in to post a comment